Austin863

RG's Jeep Cherokee build log

12x14 port. We are still playing.

Brain fart on port area.

Edited by nem

With aeroports you can get away with less port area but not that much. I looked up specs and found xmax at 22mm. I think you should shoot for closer to 200 in^2 of port area. 2 6" aeros are not even 60 in^2.

Granted my Q has a higher xmax and I'm tuned fairly low but I have over 100 in^2 for one. On my SD X12 I jumped up port area on one of the boxes and there was a big difference in output.

I'm not a pro box builder by any means. But I've built enough crappy boxes to learn a little haha.

Edit: I'm looking at your print again. You have 12" dia port on that one. That would be 113 in^2 which is a lot better.

Correct and dont forget to include the lenght as well. i know 12'' is a big hole haha but if we go 2 6'' with 7'' of length then it should get a nice little tune going correct? still learning but this is what nem had explained to me.

12x14 will get 168 in of port. I am still playing with that I want at least 180 inches. We are still playing.

couldnt we put another in and a half on the lenght? would that make a difference?

12x14 will get 168 in of port. I am still playing with that I want at least 180 inches. We are still playing.

couldnt we put another in and a half on the lenght? would that make a difference?

Did he look and see what pipe he has?

We can do 4 6" areos, no problem.

Edited by nem

We can do 3 6" areos, no problem.

No i was hopping to go up today bud i had to go home for dinner....

When you find out text me, I will be at work all weekend.

With aeroports you can get away with less port area but not that much. I looked up specs and found xmax at 22mm. I think you should shoot for closer to 200 in^2 of port area. 2 6" aeros are not even 60 in^2.

Granted my Q has a higher xmax and I'm tuned fairly low but I have over 100 in^2 for one. On my SD X12 I jumped up port area on one of the boxes and there was a big difference in output.

I'm not a pro box builder by any means. But I've built enough crappy boxes to learn a little haha.

Edit: I'm looking at your print again. You have 12" dia port on that one. That would be 113 in^2 which is a lot better.

No worries :)

When you find out text me, I will be at work all weekend.

Okay well saturday we are going to pittsburg and sunday idk if i work or not so we will see.

Okay, are we doing flairs or is it going to be straight? coz i thought we were going with straight coz we werent chasing numbers?

Okay, are we doing flairs or is it going to be straight? coz i thought we were going with straight coz we werent chasing numbers?

Straight. I just posted that so you see that going round you can use a little less.

Ohhh okay gotcha

Reckoning the gcon and time for an upgrade more info after 8epm

Reckoning the gcon and time for an upgrade more info after 8epm

Yes, I will have to take some pictures tomorrow.

it has been raining joe!

it has been raining joe!

He has the holes cut and ports in. Us old heads don't slack like u young fellas. Lol

You tell him Joe! I think they sleep too much and that is why they don't get much done.

Edited by nem

it has been raining joe!

He has the holes cut and ports in. Us old heads don't slack like u young fellas. Lol

You tell him Joe! I think they sleep too much and that is why they don't get much done.

school may have a large part in that too haha :P

icon_pics-stfu.gificon_pics-stfu.gifttiwwopsmileys.gifttiwwopsmileys.gif

cool.png

:stfu:

I snapped some pictures today.

2012-09-07_14-13-39_879.jpg

2012-09-07_14-13-31_133.jpg

2012-09-07_13-24-56_886.jpg

2012-09-07_13-24-27_720.jpg

This is all I have, maybe Austin will get some more.

2012-09-07_15-14-19_617.jpg