Deckam88

Fi btl 15" fully loaded power handling

Ordered a fi btl 15" fully loaded have a hifonics brz2400.1d I know not the greatest of amps but too much or too little for that sub I know everyone saying the can take more than 2000rms but how much?

Honestly bro, there's nothing wrong with that amp at all. You might want to go a little easy on the BL though.

No one here can tell you exactly how to set it up, but what you should do is set it up like you would set any other amp, but pay very close attention to the sub. Check to see if the dust cap is warm or hot (warm is just fine. hot is not). Listen for signs of stress (bottoming out, funny noises).

If the sub isn't overheating and isn't moving too much then it's fine. If it is, then adjust your settings.

its all dependent on the user and the users knowledge,

everyone saying the can take more than 2000rms but how much?

Why do you want to "fully" power it? The difference between 2000 and 3000 won't be audible so why risk breaking something. You will also need to invest more in the electrical system. Seems like a lot of work for not much gain.

Extra stinger battery is in 0 all the way back one fuse between batterys and another between amp and extra battery have the amp already that's why I was asking

Extra stinger battery is in 0 all the way back one fuse between batterys and another between amp and extra battery have the amp already that's why I was asking

That amp will be fine.

And it's not that I want to max it out just wondering if anyone has had this sub and what they put to it before I run into trouble befor investing in a sundown amp or something that is a little bit better and close to the range of rms

And it's not that I want to max it out just wondering if anyone has had this sub and what they put to it before I run into trouble befor investing in a sundown amp or something that is a little bit better and close to the range of rms

There is no reason to put more than the RMS to it unless you're chasing numbers. The difference in output that you will hear is not worth it in my opinion.

If you have to ask.... its probably not a good idea.

You can run into mechanical limits of subwoofer before fully powering a sub with its rms, like said before its all install dependent. Users sense, box size and other factors play into how much a subwoofer can take. Amp will be fine, no point in replacing it unless it goes bad on you.

Proper set up is key to a subs longevity. A sub has no protection circuit or fuse to limit problems... it simply does what its told. A solid setup with correctly set filter and gains with respect to enclosure and tuning will drastically help.

RMS is there for a reason and is more thermal related. As mentioned above you absolutely can kill a sub mechanically below RMS. "Peak" ratings are gimmicky marketing hype.

Thanks,

Scott