Quentin Jarrell

Ethos sample motor (pics inside)

I didn't have much time to fool with it so I just took some quick pics with the iphone.

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

For size reference, 18 inch basket

IMG_1090.jpg

and 10 inch basket

IMG_1092.jpg

Once I get it together and broke in I have to send it to Arizona to put on a Klippel analyzer to verify parameters and to do AES power rating on it.

when your ready lets talk

Got to test the motor today coned to a 18. Had it in a 5 cubic foot enclosure tuned to 32 hertz. Using my FEA program to calculate parameters that box should be giving me an f3 of around 28 hertz.

Sub was powered by two strapped IA 20.1's. Sub sounded pretty good so I'll be sending it off to be measured on a Klippel Analyzer on Friday.

I however wasn't thrilled with the durability of the black finish so I'll more than likely use a chrome finish or a black chrome finish

Edited by Quentin Jarrell

Sounds good! Any pics of the setup?

No, I just had it throw in an extra box I had laying around the shop. If I have time I'll take a video before I ship it off

I normally go the slipper once a month for some crabs. Once I get everything situated I'll give you a shout.

I normally go the slipper once a month for some crabs. Once I get everything situated I'll give you a shout.

awesome sexy.... I'd like to be a first!!!!

Got crabs uh? JK lol. Sounds awesome man. I'm in Louisiana a lot. My teammate lives by morgan city. Heading there this weekend.

Looks massive with the smaller basket. Very nice!

short videos done with iphone. I'll get some better ones with a Nikon when I get the sub back.

Edited by Quentin Jarrell

Any news on the SPL driver? The higher RMS driver.

I've got a lot of samples coming in with the production run of this driver. You'll just have to wait till Christmas.

Sub in above videos is an 18 in a 5 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hertz with around 1,500 watts.