Sign in to follow this  
Mac N Cheese

Should I be worried?

Alright so after a week of PMs back and forth with rodeosport he finally made the payment for my BTL N2 15. I made sure it is in fact in my PayPal account and already transferred it to my bank account. Reason being for this thread is that a forum user said he seemed like a scammer on another forum.

I checked the address that corresponded with the PayPal account and it does not match up with the one he wants me to send it to. According to the paypal account and what he has been saying he is from India.. I don't know why he is here in the states.

Any ideas on what my options should be. It was purchased off of CA dot.com

Thanks guys. Just trying to be cautious before sending it out. Never had an issue like this and was wondering if I should be worried.

Invisible font but i see the message..

From my understanding, if the funds show up in your bank account, Paypal would have no way to reverse the transaction so if that's true, then at least you got the money.

I wouldn't send until it clears in YOUR bank account if you are worried...

Anyone who says they are in India, on an oil rig, in South America, etc is usually a scammer in my experience...

Yeah I was planning on doing that. Usually takes two days to show up.

Invisible font?

thanks guys, I just didn't know if Paypal could actually get to my bank account if its wired right to it from Paypal.

i have heard cases where even if the money hits your BANK account... if your paypal is linked to your bank account if he files a claim and they side with him then paypal can debit the funds back out of your bank account.. and even if you have no funds, and you have over draft protection your bank will still pay paypal because its set up as a reoccurring account....

Then just call Paypal and see what they say.

As long as he didn't gift you the payment.. so far, everything is legal.

Jon, yeah I heard that also.. Probably should disable that once I receive the payment.

Sean, yeah it wasn't sent as a gift so I will call and find out.

I wouldn't send until it clears in YOUR bank account if you are worried...

Anyone who says they are in India, on an oil rig, in South America, etc is usually a scammer in my experience...

X2 on clearing into your account.

When I had very little feedback I would ask the seller to do that before shipping, just to get it off his mind that I might be a scammer from the land of Dracula.

Even if you do end up shipping the product, keep ALL documents, tracking numbers, emails, everything pertaining to the transaction.

Invisible font?

Whatever color font you used in your first post doesn't show up on the dark skin.

I agree, I would let it clear and call paypal.