Hi, I will be doing 2 15" Icon build on a crescendo BC2000D etc in a Dakota crew cab and have two nice decks in my possession. a Kenwood KDC-bt945u and a Clarion VZ401 DVD deck. Ive done a lot of researching on pre-out voltage but have seen so many opinions to as if it really does make a huge difference or not. Basically the Kenwood has 4v preouts and the Clarion has 2v. I like both decks but would love to have the dvd screen but not at a major loss of output or sound quality. My question is, will I notice a difference or should I go with the Clarion?

Thanks,

Use the DVD one. 2 or 4 volts ? It's not important. The only change should be in gain settings on your amplifiers.

With those choices I would go with the Kenwood because of quality. I personally like the pioneers. I have ran Kenwood recently and it was nice.

Edited by reelfish92

Thanks for the replies, I really like all the settings on the Kenwood but it has been giving me one issue. It sends a signal for both sub and front channel through rcas. Its weird because I use one set of rcas for my amped front channel speakers and also my subs. Its on a 3 channel amp. If I try to run one set of RCAs from Front Pre-outs and one set from sub Pre-out I get horrible whining. SO I just use one RCA and it works just wondering why it works?

I got the Clarion in a car I bought and its brand new so might just sell it.

Thanks,

Typically it's a grounding issue either at the headunit or the amplifier.

ya thats what i figured but the fact that it has both front and subwoofer signal coming out of one preout

Also known as a full rande signal....... Or am I missing something?

Kenwoods quality has been sub par in my experiances. I would pick the Clarion HU over the Kenwood anyday of the week. Just so it's known, I am biased to Clarion, but for good reason.

The 2v vs 4v is mearly to help keep engine noise/other emmited noises out of the signal.