Sign in to follow this  
swagger_wagon468

KnuKonceptz Sound deadener? Kno Knoise.

so, i got an email the other day that Knu now has their own deadener...

i still have yet to deaden my vehicle so i am not to deadener savy.

and i wont be either untill i have some better cash flow.

just thought i would point it out to ppl looking to do so soon.

To ppl that are experienced with sound deadening... how is the price compared to others?

someone needs to order some and do a review when its avail...

link...

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.cfm?category=Sound%20Deadening

eek5wavey.gif

Edited by swagger_wagon468

The price seems pretty on spot with other deadener companies and the specs seem pretty good. Knowing Knu it's most likely good quality.

SDS will be in my next vehicle. I am curious as to how the Knu stuff will stack up to others though.

Knowing Knu it's most likely good quality.

Most of the products I've had from them weren't good at all, they were pretty obviously extremely cheap and lower quality in their design and construction, though their customer service was top notch.

Just glancing at the page, assuming they used a quality buytl compound designed to actually function as a constrained layer damper it should be fine although there isn't enough information on the website to determine how effectively it actually performs as a CLD. The price seems relatively in-line with comparable products.

However, I will also say that there is more to being a quality provider of sound deadening than selling a good product. They also need to have the experience and technical understanding to be able to assist customers in their purchase and application of the product to allow them to achieve their goals in the most efficient, effective and cost effective manor. I doubt anyone in the industry will ever be able to match Don in that arena, which is why he'll continue to be the only person/company/product I'll recommend.

Most of the products I've had from them weren't good at all, they were pretty obviously extremely cheap and lower quality in their design and construction, though their customer service was top notch.

Just glancing at the page, assuming they used a quality buytl compound designed to actually function as a constrained layer damper it should be fine although there isn't enough information on the website to determine how effectively it actually performs as a CLD. The price seems relatively in-line with comparable products.

However, I will also say that there is more to being a quality provider of sound deadening than selling a good product. They also need to have the experience and technical understanding to be able to assist customers in their purchase and application of the product to allow them to achieve their goals in the most efficient, effective and cost effective manor. I doubt anyone in the industry will ever be able to match Don in that arena, which is why he'll continue to be the only person/company/product I'll recommend.

What have you bought from Knu that wasn't good quality?

I know that some of their rca's have been known to fail, and their battery terminals suck in my opinion. I haven't had any issues with their power wire.

I know that some of their rca's have been known to fail, and their battery terminals suck in my opinion. I haven't had any issues with their power wire.

Huh, never heard that about their RCA's...I've used a few different types of their RCA's and all of them have treated me well. I can't comment on the terminals

Fused and unfused distribution blocks.

I had a 0/1ga to 4ga unfused block with the Kompression fitting. The nut for the fitting on the 0/1ga side was wider than the block was tall so it would hit the base and jam when you tried to tighten or loosen it, which made it a total PITA to use. I had a 4ga to 8ga fused distro block that arrived broken which was obviously from the factory overtightening the screws and cracking the plastic. I had a 4ga to 8ga unfused block and the set screw holes were drilled crooked and off center. Out of the order of 5 blocks I had problems with 3 of them. It was just overall low quality and quality control.

However I will say when I emailed them & told them about the broken block I had a replacement on my doorstep 2 days later. Communication was quick and they replaced it no questions asked, didn't even request the broken one back. I didn't like the products but I won't take the quality of their customer service away from them, it was top notch.

Fused and unfused distribution blocks.

I had a 0/1ga to 4ga unfused block with the Kompression fitting. The nut for the fitting on the 0/1ga side was wider than the block was tall so it would hit the base and jam when you tried to tighten or loosen it, which made it a total PITA to use. I had a 4ga to 8ga fused distro block that arrived broken which was obviously from the factory overtightening the screws and cracking the plastic. I had a 4ga to 8ga unfused block and the set screw holes were drilled crooked and off center. Out of the order of 5 blocks I had problems with 3 of them. It was just overall low quality and quality control.

However I will say when I emailed them & told them about the broken block I had a replacement on my doorstep 2 days later. Communication was quick and they replaced it no questions asked, didn't even request the broken one back. I didn't like the products but I won't take the quality of their customer service away from them, it was top notch.

That's pretty shitty, I ordered a few distros myself and never had any of those issues. But great customer service is good to hear. If the company is willing to admit to their faults and make up for it like that then they are doing something right.

Impious... 100% correct about don... hes great at CS amd deadener knowledge. Very honest as well. SDS what i will be using most likely

I am curious to see the knu quality tho.

Edited by swagger_wagon468

I have had good luck with knu and am considering their desdener. I will be doing deadener come spring as my car is not appreciating my new setup haha.

I'm going 2 knukonceptz retail store 2mor for a whole pile of stuff

I want to take pics but I dont wanna seem weird lol

Only bad thing Ive ever heard about knu from a couple people was their fuse holders fail

However, no ones perfect especially when theyre a noob, was this failed stuff from a while ago? maybe theyve learned and corrected

However I will say when I emailed them & told them about the broken block I had a replacement on my doorstep 2 days later.

Sounds like epic win that they sent you another

I went to knu retail store today! There was a guy from the factory there droppin stuff off

He gave me two 2x6 strips as a free samples of the new deadener and i can tell u....

It has no smell, extremely thin

The flex is like paper after u take the backing off

It was interesting how something so thin could have a weight to it

not like it was heavy but it seemed compressed

I can also report some problems I had today

I was missing 4ft of 1/0 gauge ground out of my kit

Website promises 6ft, I only got 2

They gave me a huge 300amp anl fuse for their high current fuse holder

the problem is that holder has 3 small anl fuse spots not 1 large

I called and they are going to mail them to me, Im not driving 2 hours again

The retail store had no 8gauge, which sucks cause I was gonna use it for sub speaker wire

No kolossus remote wire either which I wanted just cause

This wire is amazing, Im having a hard time cutting through the 1/0 gauge with

my home depot wire cutters

Very nice flex and the razor cutting off of the jacket was smooth

, extremely thin The flex is like paper after u take the backing off

I find that statement interesting. My CLD tiles from SDS have 8mil foil and is stiff and rather inflexible. The 80mil Knu states it has 7mil thick foil and flexes like paper.....wonder why an extremely small difference in foil thickness creates such an apparently large difference in flexibility

off topic but,

the high current fuse holder i mentioned i was purchasing

has failed after 2 days

it gets very warms after 30 minutes

causing a 1.5-2V drop, so weird it shoots up and down (14.4-13 ect.)

I generally do not like any of knus products. I only like their power wire do to the fact that it is ofc and for a cheap price per foot. I would like to see a review of this sound deadener though. They may have created another good product. If so they should create a power wire and sound deadener package. Taft would be a sweet deal for some people.

From what I've just read, I will not deal with them. I live too far away to accept those kind of problem !

I had good experiences with Secondskinaudio. I will use their things for my next car : answer emails very quickly and I like their products when I compare them with fatmat, zealum, ...

Maybe I will try SDS, as I understand he is THE guy !

I need to work with serious sellers...shipping is too expensive to send defective products back to the USA !!!

I wanted to try Knu but I don't remember what happened, so I tried Darvex for Stinger products, and I was totally satisfied. I did not know ssa by this time.