• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1. Recent Topics

• 17 comments
        • 393 comments
        • 2 comments
        • 5 comments
        • 6 comments
        • 1 comment
  • Similar Content

• By ManzKea
      Hey guys manzkea back at it again! Lol. Finally got some equipment in. Excited to finally get this project I’ve had in mind for a while rolling . Gonna attempt a blow through in my single cab 2001 ford ranger long bed. Gonna make pods for the doors to house the 6.5s and replace the stock one with a 6.5 or if possible an 8” driver. All powered off the ssa ic150.4.  As for subs I’ll be using a 15” sp4 v2 I got from a friend for a deal. A taramps 5k will be used to push it.
      Unfortunately the evil mids I wanted was unavailable in 4ohms. So I went with these prvs.

Well I’ll I’ll be updating this as I get it going. Possibly next week or so, really busy with work at the moment. Well here’s a pic of some goodies the mail man dropped off.  Cheee. 

Btw got something extra special in those two ssa looking boxes behind the ranger gear. But that’s on the back burner at the moment. 

• By BigDaddy13440
      Am currently looking at subwoofers to upgrade from my lowly Powerbass S-10D's. Have been running a Lightning Audio 1001.d monoblock @ 1 ohm for the last year, and every time I get it cranking, the amp shuts off after 10-15 minutes, blowing fuses. I am running a 250 amp alternator, and a brand new 1000ca/800cca battery, with 1/0 run back to my distribution block, and a 14" 4ga run to the amp, with the big 3 under the hood. Will be adding a second battery, under the hood, as there is a second battery tray. I really don't want to run much more power than what I already have, as I don't want to get into having to add a dual alternator, or putting another battery in the back. Probably looking at a1200-1500 watt amp, possibly Skar or Audiopipe, just depends on what I can find for a deal.
      The Powerbass subs are only rated at 350 watts rms, I'd like to be able to run a clean 600-750 to each. I haven't found much out there for a sub that has a high sensitivity, other than the Dayton's below. Most 10" subs that can handle 500 watts rms or more only have a sensitivity from 83-87db, these Dayton's are supposedly 90.5db. If I remember correctly, it takes double the power to achieve 3db more in output - if that's so, then these Daytons with 600 watts would have the same output as a different sub pushed by 1200 watts at a 87.5db sensitivity, or 2400 watts pushing a sub with 83.5db sensitivity.
      I know that Dayton is primarily a home audio company, but these have me intrigued. Specs look decent, and what other content I've found online seems to agree.
      If not these, then make another suggestion for a higher-sensitivity 10" sub, that will work in a 1.25-1.3cu ft enclosure (mine is about 2.8 cubes, less sub and port displacement).

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-rss265ho-44-10-reference-ho-dvc-subwoofer--295-463
    • By BigDaddy13440
      Pretty much as the title implies.... I've got a 2004 Yukon XL, and I'm updating the entire system. Just replaced my alternator with a 253amp model from a 3500 series pickup (factory option! bolted right in!), will shortly be wiring up a second 1000cca battery. Dual 1/0 runs to the rear, fused at both ends. Currently only running (1) amp, and old Lightning Audio 1001.d @ 1 ohm, will be swapping that out, most likely to a Skar RP-1501.D. Two Powerbass S10-d (dual coil) subs in a 2.7-ish cu ft box built into the rear quarter panel. Tuning is way too low, probably about 24-25Hz. Factory speakers in the doors and rear pillars, will soon be changing them out - probably doing a pair of 6.5's in the front doors, a single 6.5 in the rear doors, and a pair of 10" Powerbass S-10's (single coil) sealed in the front portion of my center console as mid-bass, from 60-150Hz. Will plan on running the speakers and front S-10's on a five-channel amp, most likely Skar's AP-600.5.
      I've got nothing set in stone for the 6.5's, there are literally hundreds of options - but if anyone has some reasonably priced option, please offer suggestions. My biggest dilemma is figuring out what to put in the rear C-pillars. The factory fill is a 2" or 2 1/2", only about 3/4" deep. I'd like to go bigger, even if it's a 3 1/2" or 4". Would run them in parallel with the rear door speakers, dropping the load down to 2 ohms, the same as the front doors. Has anyone ever seen the C-pillars upgraded/enlarged? I found a pair of PPI Sedona series 4" two-ways, supposedly will handle 60 watts RMS, max of 200 watts. The Skar 5-channel is rated at 90x4 @ 2 ohms, so each would see a safe 45 watts.
      Thoughts/suggestions?
    • By 80INCHES
      DAMN I HAVENT BEEN ON HERE IN 6YEARS.
      IM BACK NEED DESIGNS HIT ME
      NEED QUIALITY AUDIO GEAR HOT MY WEBSITE 80KAUDIO.COM
      USE DISCOUNT CODE: D2i 

• Recent YouTube Posts