pmureika

Stetsom Service

Does anybody like Stetsom Amps or their service?

Even the Skar 1500 on a xcon sounded better. Also it worked.

The venom 1000 I had would make the sub go up and down with the volume on the hu at zero. Plus the sub popped and the door speakers when the Stetsom amp came on. Tried a Aq750 plus a mb quart amp and have no problems. Any suggestions?

The way Stetsom has handled this is inexcusable. Really running out of reasons to continue to carry the line on the SSA Store.

Aaron, I.thought ssa only sold "the good shit"

Why doesn't Jefferson join in. The repair tech he refered me to. Who Jefferson claims to know what he's doing.

If you call that guy in NC. his cell phone has been discontinued.

I have used OLDER Stetsom 7Kd and 4K2D and really liked both. Made rated power, tiny footprint, and both would play music for hours without issue.

That being said I have no experience with the small ones, and I have heard the big ones are real time bombs.

I have used OLDER Stetsom 7Kd and 4K2D and really liked both. Made rated power, tiny footprint, and both would play music for hours without issue.

That being said I have no experience with the small ones, and I have heard the big ones are real time bombs.

They are small but get hot in a mater of min. or two and thats not pushing it.The cooling fan would come on with the volume at zero.

And I and other people thought it took ssa to send a sub out. Stetsom beats that hands down and I am still waiting for a answer.angry.png

If SSA drops Stetsom, can we expect "outrageous deals" on all Stetsom products? I'm still not sure I'd buy one.

If SSA drops Stetsom, can we expect "outrageous deals" on all Stetsom products? I'm still not sure I'd buy one.

No, never doing an outrageous deal again. We never kept any Stetsom in stock, models changed faster then we could sell them.

No, never doing an outrageous deal again. We never kept any Stetsom in stock, models changed faster then we could sell them.

Then why keep them on board?

Then why keep them on board?

Because my semi-blind belief that people will build a quality product and provide good customer service when it is needed.

Contact AQ and ask why it was dropped in less then a week...

LOL

Contact AQ and ask why it was dropped in less then a week...

LOL

I wonder why such a big company like that can only keep one repair shop?

Dont buy stetsom amps they are made in Brazil. There company rep. Jefferson is one person I will never deal with again.

I think their quality is bad along with there service. I would buy a chinese amp first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anybody out there like to use Stetsom amps?

Jefferson and company.sterb191.gif

I would say more but I dont know what.Other than good luck if you buy one.

I would say more but I dont know what.Other than good luck if you buy one.

This is what I think of stetsom.wackit2.gif

I know this thread is old, and I'm not even sure what problem you had with your stetsom, but I run a pair of 14k2e's at .5ohm daily and have no issues with them, Demetric Bond, the repair guy in Carolina, looked over my amps before I installed them, had to straighthen out a few mosfet feet that where damaged in shipping,but other than that the amps are solid. Jefferson was very helpful with the install of my amps to make sure I didn't blow them. They make a ton of power and sound better than the pair of aq20k's that they replaced. My experience with the amps and Jefferson have been fantastic. By no means am I making lite of your situation, just sharing my experience with stetsom and Jefferson as a whole.

I know this thread is old, and I'm not even sure what problem you had with your stetsom, but I run a pair of 14k2e's at .5ohm daily and have no issues with them, Demetric Bond, the repair guy in Carolina, looked over my amps before I installed them, had to straighthen out a few mosfet feet that where damaged in shipping,but other than that the amps are solid. Jefferson was very helpful with the install of my amps to make sure I didn't blow them. They make a ton of power and sound better than the pair of aq20k's that they replaced. My experience with the amps and Jefferson have been fantastic. By no means am I making lite of your situation, just sharing my experience with stetsom and Jefferson as a whole.

Wait till one dies though, and it will, you'll see the companies true colors.

It happens over, and over, and over again. The exact same thing.

mine caught fire at .5 lol, was still playing tho...

But that was my fault, got it fixed and its been playing ever since.

DB-r repair is the guy u were referring to he's a good guy.

252-333-7295 is his new number i believe.

dbond_mouse@yahoo.com

He repaired my atomic 5000 for 300$

Got the stetsom fixed off of warranty.

Edited by djjdnap

Bond is a real good guy, he also fixed a soundigital 8k for me, he only lives like 45 minutes away from me, from what I've seen, most stetsom blow from operator error,even my set-up, I can't blame the amp or the company if mine blows because they don't advise half ohm nominal...I know they get damaged a lot during shipping from brazil, both of mine where, if I had hooked them up without Bond correcting what was damaged in shipping, I'd be in the same boat as a lot of people that have these amps blow on start up. Another thing about the technology in stetsom, you have to let the caps charge, especially in the big amps with all those caps and high rail voltage. I have a remote switch that I can turn the amps on/off with. When I first turn on the radio, I leave the amps off for about 3 minutes to let the caps charge, hope this helps.