Sign in to follow this  
anonymous48420

3 assassin 8's box

alright i bought 4 assassins from a friend well old friend now lol. only got 3 of em and the run around when i tried gettin the last one. the box i had is falling apart to say the least and its time for a new one. was gonna get one from a shop and waited a month to find out if i have them make me one they want 190 bux. screw that the box was only gonna b like 2.4 cubes. ive tried a few of the box calculators and not having the best results and vents under 3 inches seems too small but ascendant doesnt give any rec on port area so i was hoping somebody could give me a hand. id like to slap it together today or tomorrow. its gonna house 3 of em on the front with the vent on the front. goin in the trunk facing forward into the cabin on a saturn sl2. seats fold all the way down. also id like the tuning somewhere round 30hz. i dont like high bass and the box now is for like 25-28 hz. i really like how it sounds now but id like a hair more output

Edited by anonymous48420

45-50 sqin of port would be nice for 3 of them.

There really is no need to tune those 8's that low. I have not modeled them lately, but I would think you could tune a little higher without a big hump in the response. Not sure what you consider high bass, but anything over ~60 Hz will be controlled by your low pass filter, not the tuning frequency.

The tuning frequency does not control the upper bass response, but what it can do is cause a peak in the response around and right above tuning that is quite a bit louder than everything else.

Sign in to follow this