SMpaintball78

Lantz's new season ssa build

Looks real good ! Congrats !

You're so lucky to find such good deals locally !

well yall know.how i am so last night, i hooked it all up... BUT something ainy right. i hooked up the amp and it was fine for maybe 30 sec. then i lost oitput oit of nowhere. amp still turns on and off perfectally and everything. i tried changing the sub posative and negative leads on the amp and still nothong.... idk im stumped.

Throw the amp in a friends car and see if it works. I hope not, but that might explain the great deal you got.

i took the amp out and bench tested it at my buddies local shop... we believe the terminals went out.. fuck me right?

i took the amp out and bench tested it at my buddies local shop... we believe the terminals went out.. fuck me right?

Did you open her up? Anything look weird? Who did you trade?

my buddies tech guy is opening her up now. nothing smells burnt or anything but that dont mean nothing is. and a guy iv know for awhile. idk if i can really pin it on him. he let me hear it in his car for a solid 5 mins straight and no problems...

Glad it was an easy fix!

me too haha. im glad it wasnt something serious. i just talked to the guy i traded to get the amp and he is paying half of the cost to get it fixed :)

Is this your first 18 in the truck?

first 18 iv ever owned :) iv never even heard a single 18 set up so its quite a adventure for me haha

Awesome! Looking forward to the video, as long as it isn't private :peepwall:

Awesome! Looking forward to the video, as long as it isn't private peepwall.gif

hahaha damn u got me there. im going to wait till the sub breaks in before a vid. it isnt really loud at all on the lows yet. and dont even try and tell me there no such thing as breaking in because caseys zcon 15 sounded like poopy and was not loud when it was brand new,but after a few days of playing, suspension loosened up and now its STUPID loud and sounds like SEX haha. anyways heres a few pics to tide yall over :)

IMAG0127.jpg

IMAG0125.jpg

IMAG0128.jpg

id like to eventually throw 2500watts+ to her ;)

There is no need to be nice to a sub out of the box, or put it on test tones for x hours. Some people do this to "break the sub in". The suspension and everything will loosen up, yes, which is what you've heard, but the "break in period" is not needed to safely play the sub.

Box looks like a monster in thtat truck!

There is no need to be nice to a sub out of the box, or put it on test tones for x hours. Some people do this to "break the sub in". The suspension and everything will loosen up, yes, which is what you've heard, but the "break in period" is not needed to safely play the sub.

Box looks like a monster in thtat truck!

oh i know its safe to beat it rought outta the box, but im keeping my amp turned way down untill she loosens up. just as i did with the zcon 15 i bought brand new awhile ago. turned out great :) and yeah the box is IIRC 10cubes gross/ 7.5 net. port is HUGE on this box.

box looks amazing

it sounds so nice smile.png the zcon is taking every bit of it like a champ

(dust cap does get hotter than frig though...... not as hot as caseys..lol)

Edited by Lantz