TigerFan20

About to get an RL-P 12, need some help

Hey guys, I'm new to this site.

I'm about to buy an RL-P 12, but I'm not sure whether to get the D4 or the D2. What's the difference? Does my car have anything to do with it? If it does, I drive a 2000 Toyota Camry. Also, the amplifier that was recommended to me is this one = Audiobahn A8000T, is that a good choice? Also, I need a box for it, what would be a good box to get? Is it hard to build one?

Thanks a lot guys,

Chris

As for the D4 or D2 you really need to know what amplifier you are going to use to make that decision. The D2 will put a 1ohm load on an amp while the D4 will put a 2ohm (if you run off a single channel sub amplifier).

As for a box, have you decided on ported or sealed? Mike's recommendations on the SoundSplinter website are pretty right on for those, but when you have questions we can help.

As for your amp choice, I think you will be disappointed with the A8000. Their reliability and actual output aren't up to par and you would be better off spending your money on a better amplifier to go with such an awesome sub.

no audiobahn, there are many great amps out here for cheap, do some reading and ask some questions and get a great amp to go with your new great sub....audiobahn = dissapointment.

ask flakko to recommend some us amps to you....Im sure he will be glad to, and they are definitely up to par...

I always find myself often recommending Orion amp's for car audio - quite reliable and the price is definitely right. thumbup.gif

PS. The user flakko here, and myself, will probably be offering a package deal

with his overstock Mark Antony amplifiers and my RL-p's.. but we're still hashin'

out the details so don't come firing thousands of messages at me quite yet ;)

either US Amps from flakko, or look into an Orion (mine are doing very nice)

I always find myself often recommending Orion amp's for car audio - quite reliable and the price is definitely right.  thumbup.gif

PS.  The user flakko here, and myself, will probably be offering a package deal

with his overstock Mark Antony amplifiers and my RL-p's.. but we're still hashin'

out the details so don't come firing thousands of messages at me quite yet ;)

Mike, from what i know the MA Amps deal fell through so US amps ( flakko) isnt selling any since they didnt meet the required amount for the purchase

^^^ word sorry i hadnt gotten around to tell you mike :( but yea what elias says is truth....

although there may be something i can get my hands on a sure thing. this time ill let you know :P

oh and you have an email mike.

all the above advise is the right advise...but basiclly...

:nothingtoadd:

maybe add in memphis amps rock!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i love my cadence a7....they don't make it anymore but you should look into their other models.

i remember like it was yesterday when the bx1500d was a forum boner

lol NOT FOR ME, I demand better quality from my amplfiers

well so do i...i've never owned a hifonics (nor will i ever own anything maxxsonics for that matter).. but i clearly remember CA.com being crazy for the bx1500d... that and the tantrum (but this one's justified)

I learnt my lesson when I went cheap. Produced some power, but the build quality was horrendous.