rex00

Zcon box

Hey everyone. What do you think would be the best for music and spl box size for a 15" Zcon. Been looking but can't find the suggested box sizes on here. Thanks guys.

Plan on getting this amp Crescendo Audio BC2000D at 1 ohm. Unless you think there is a better choice in amps?

I would follow the specs suggested by ssa.

I would follow the specs suggested by ssa.

This. Somewhere around 7 cubes would work well, you could even go a bit larger.

for 1-2225w I would suggest 6-7 cubes, for more than RMS I would suggest 5-6 cubes before displacement. Make sure you set your SSF appropriately, if not it will lead to softpart suicide.

dont they recomend between 4-5?, mine is built to 4.5 and have 3000 rms and it sounds really good

Why in the world would you put one 15 in 7cu box? I would do between 3.75 - 5 cubes

Why in the world would you put one 15 in 7cu box? I would do between 3.75 - 5 cubes

LMFAO I went back and reread to see if he had 2 15's because of the sizes they were suggesting

lol frogcase text me like wtf are they talking about? 7 cubes for 1 15? lol i have my zcon 18 in 7.5

1 15 would be right at home in 4-5ft3 net volume with a moderate amount of port area and tuned to work with your application and goals.

I had mine in 5 cubes net with ~ 100 square inches of port area. If I were to do it again I would use a little bit less port area.

I had mine in 5 cubes net with ~ 100 square inches of port area. If I were to do it again I would use a little bit less port area.

I bet that was super peaky and fell off super quick below tuning.

I bet that was super peaky and fell off super quick below tuning.

It sure did, but it was loud as hell and moved some air :D

Thanks guys. I'll build a 5 cube box. Do you think the amp I'm going to run will be good or do you think there would be a better choice?

Thanks guys. I'll build a 5 cube box. Do you think the amp I'm going to run will be good or do you think there would be a better choice?

That will be a great amp for it.

No problem! Let us know how it goes. Post pics if you can.

bring on the pics!!

I will post pics when I start the project over the winter. Just because you asked nice :)