Sign in to follow this  
Jaker89

Components and amp questions

I don't care if I have to keep the speaker cover off. No one really rides in the car other than me. It is just fitting other speakers in there and them not hitting.

Maybe I could find someone to build me some pods? Would that be a better choice?

Maybe I could find someone to build me some pods? Would that be a better choice?

If you don't mind spending money for someone to do it right sure. I guess I just don't get it. Are you just not capable of modding your doors, or are you worried about resale? Because if it is the latter of the two I would figure that ship would have sailed when you walled it.

I don't really high any free time except late at night and I really just don't want to screw them up.

I don't really high any free time except late at night and I really just don't want to screw them up.

That is understandable, I was just curious.

Anyone you would recommend to do them? I mean its a really common car so it should be a pretty simple design and if I can find someone to do them for the right price I may go further than just 1 set per door.

Edited by Pontiac Warden

Problem is I actually use my e-brake on my car. I park on a hill. I would have to find covers for whatever speakers I used with those.

I've looked at those a few times.

Edited by Pontiac Warden

Would those work for PA mids? or should I just do those and 2 component sets?

Would those work for PA mids? or should I just do those and 2 component sets?

They will work for either, you should do some reading and decide which would be better for you.

okay. any certain features in an amp that I need to look for? I have an old eclipse amp that I considered using. its a 4 channel.

okay. any certain features in an amp that I need to look for? I have an old eclipse amp that I considered using. its a 4 channel.

Not really, I'd figure out what you want to do as far as speakers go then look at the processing and amplification. Before you buy anything make sure they will all work together. You very well might be able to use your eclipse amp.

Rockford Fosgate pro audio 6.5's and their super tweeters. Run a 100x4 amp crossed over correctly and it will meet your goals. The mids are shallow also and will work great in stock location. That's what I am doing and mine keep up fine