Hi guys I was wondering if the ssa gcon series were comparable to sundown sa line I know I've seen people putting double the rated power to the sundowns just wondering if the ssa's could handle this abuse or not?

Chances are good in most of the instances people are running an amplifier rated for more power than the SA's are rated to handle but they are not truly applying that much power to the subwoofer.

As Tirefryr said, purchase a subwoofer capable of handling the power you intend to use or stay within the power guidelines set by the manufacturer of the subwoofer you are using. Overpowering a driver will void any warranty as burnt coils or a wrecked suspension are clear signs of abuse and not covered by any warranty regardless of manufacturer.

I will however say the Gcon line was designed to comfortably handle their rated power thermally.

yea I wasn't really planning on pushing more than what their intended to run I just wanted to know if they were built well and able to handle some abuse. I was asking because I seen these subs loved how beastly they look and was hoping they could perform as well as they look that built in usa sticker is a big plus also.

Built well and designed to handle their rated power with ease. No worries on either area of concern.

All SSA subs are built well, and here in the U.S.

:) The Gcon's have under the radar, making a name for themselves. ;)

I've got 4 Gcons on a sundown 3k. They love it. Sure I could put a larger amp to them, but there is no need. Subs are stout for sure. Don't second guess their quality just because they're "only" rated for 750 watts.

..its ssa everything is stout!

That's what I was hoping to hear I think I found the next set of subs that's going to be going in my explorer. Thanks for the input guys!