smashedz28

Broken terminal holder

Got my eye on a BL 15 on Craigslist. Guy tells me the plastic piece that holds the sub terminals in place is broken.. Seems like an easy super glue/silicone fix but I'm worried what may have caused it.. He didn't seem to think it was a problem as if he has been running it just hanging there. I wouldn't think you would want those hanging? What do you guys think about that? Is it an easy fix? Would you purchase this sub? Pics look perfect but he mentioned the prob which has no pic. He's asking $200 for the sub

I don't recall the terminals being on a "plastic" piece on my Q's or any of the Fi subs for that matter. hmmmm looking for pics now...

EDIT: Verified in pics of my Q's the terminals are mounted through holes in the frame with a plastic spacer/insulator. If he's referring to a plastic tab that they're on then I would worry about the validity of the item. If he's referring to the plastic spacer/insulator then it shouldn't be a big deal to repair. BTW I agree it shouldn't be left and used loose, if it doesn't tear something on the tinsel leads up it could short the amp....

74B47277-8446-4AE1-AD73-CEF58FB6E7AC-30886-0000349BCC102139.jpg

Says its the black piece pictured. But that's the good side. I'm gonna go check it out. As long as it is still a strong connection and fixable I'm gonna grab it. Thx

Typical for people to throw them in the box and snap the terminal off of them because they are sissies..

You can get a new terminal..looking at around 10 bucks or so to ship one to you

If nothing else you should be able to order a new one from Fi. The connectors the tinsel leads are soldered are just screwed to the connectors in that black plastic piece. It should be quite simple to repair as long as there's no other damage.

Sounds like you're about to take advantage of a great find!

EDIT: LOL, and there's Nick to the rescue! Jumped in there just before me.

Sub was to heavy for him lmao. Thanks. Glad it's something I can buy from you guys. I like my equipment to be right. Rather get the right part than rig it up with silicone. Thanks!

direct lead would be the cheapest and easiest fix IMO

If you get the sub, shoot me an email to sales at ficaraudio.com and we will work out getting you a new terminal.

I found I had quite the sale issue on my btl n2.

I put some glue on the plastic piece and that's it!

I dont Know why it happened as I think I did nothing wrong :(

I put glue on both terminals. You never know !

The SAME issue. Sorry I'm on mobile with my big fingers :)))