trpkkd

2 ssa gcons

Hi guys I'm getting ready to do my first full system build and I'm looking to be clean and loud.My question is would I be able to run 2 ssa gcons safely off a crescendo bc 3500d or should I just go ahead and buy the icons?

I'm not trying to be rude but why do you want to run so much power to either choice? Assuming you're going to wire the amp to 1 ohm, of course.

No I was hoping to keep it at a 2 ohm load for now then having the 3500 would give me room to expand later down the road.

That makes alot more sense.eek5wavey.gif

Once your amplifier gain is set appropriately either choice would work with the proper electrical.

I would go with the icon of the two subs listed in this case.

No I was hoping to keep it at a 2 ohm load for now then having the 3500 would give me room to expand later down the road.

A pair of either Gcons or Icons would work very well with a BC3500 @ 2ohms.Do you have any idea what you might want to upgrade to later on? If you're interested in adding another pair of subs someday for a total of 4, either series of subs would be a great choice in my opinion. You could run a pair of D2s now @ 2 ohms, then add two D2s when you're ready and wire the amp down to 1 ohm. If everything is done right, it should be "clean and loud" either way.

The Gcon's are an excellent sub woofer, and people are starting to notice. The Icon's have just a little more of everything, if they are in your budget, go for it. :)

I'm just kind of tossing around ideas at the moment trying to get some input before I go buying a bunch of stuff then end up changing my mind down the road.

I'm just kind of tossing around ideas at the moment trying to get some input before I go buying a bunch of stuff then end up changing my mind down the road.

Good idea

I vote icons for sure!

That's going to happen no matter what. One side effect of the hobby is, you're never satisfied.

That's very true it seems like all my projects are always ongoing and never get finished.

It's kind of like buying cars. No matter what car you buy, you'll always envy the Corvette, Viper, Camaro, etc. that you didn't buy, so you just have to go with what's most practical for your current situation. I love my Icon, so I'm gonna vote for it, but if it's not in your budget, I'm positive the Gcons will be just fine.

That's going to happen no matter what. One side effect of the hobby is, you're never satisfied.

So true, I am trying to stand my ground and stick with my current equipment for a while.

I also vote for the ICON if it is in your budget.

A pair of either Gcons or Icons would work very well with a BC3500 @ 2ohms.Do you have any idea what you might want to upgrade to later on? If you're interested in adding another pair of subs someday for a total of 4, either series of subs would be a great choice in my opinion. You could run a pair of D2s now @ 2 ohms, then add two D2s when you're ready and wire the amp down to 1 ohm. If everything is done right, it should be "clean and loud" either way.

well with a 3500 you could comfortably run 2 xcons in the future. just saying. thatd be at 1ohm load tho.