RooTxBeeR

Box size recommendation

I know what the recommendations are, 1.8-2.5, where in that is what I am asking for on suggestions based on my power to the subs. What other research would you suggest on my part to figureing that out then?

The research that indicates you design your enclosure based on desired response rather than the amount of power on tap. This is where you are running into problems. You keep asking for X enclosure based on Y power, when the proper way to design an enclosure is X enclosure based on your desired response. If someone is telling you to design the enclosure based on the rated power of the amplifier, then they aren't very good at enclosure design.

And, for reference, when M5 referenced properly adjusting the gain it had absolutely nothing at all to do with owning and/or using a DD-1 to set the gain as that does absolutely nothing to confirm your gains are set properly. Meaning, if you feel you may be in a position of overpowering the drivers in your intended enclosure....turn the gain down.

I asked for box size recommendations and answered with telling me how my goals are off with that budget, even though I never stated a budget. SSD's are rated for 1k, M2b does 1400 at 12v, and 2400 at 14.4. I don't see how that is so bad, they will probably only ever see 100watts over at most, not going to make a difference. Along with you telling me that I didn't take his help correctly, or I misunderstood it, then you must have not read his replies, because they where not relevant to what I asked.

He answered your question, follow the manufacturer's recommendations. Honestly and not trying to be a dick, if you did a little more research yourself you never would of had to have asked the question. Manufacturers recommendations are always solid but with more experience you can adjust to better suit your goals.

He will have you chasing your tail for as long as you will let him. Ignore him. Fortunately I am not the one that has to rely on this forum to deepen my pocket on his arrogance would have been gone.

Ha, even the guy who despises me states I answered your question.

As for the chasing your tail comment, that only happens to those unwilling to try to think. If you aren't willing to even try well then by default it'll happen no matter what you do. Of course you could go to a boner central forum and get the answer you have already decided that you think you want. Just expect it to be a major fail in reality....although if you accepted it and belived it you'll probably never notice and preach it. Pretty classic in the world of car audio. Ask edub, he drinks the kool aid.

Ok, no shit on setting the gains right. I still have yet to receive a proper answer. Running those subs, on around 2200-2400 watts, what is the suggested box size. I have a DD-1 so setting the gains is no problem.

Also I might add, M5, that is just sad that you would post such idiotic and troll-tastic shit to someone who is just looking for a simple answer. I am not a idiot, nor have I even put myself out there like/as one. It is no wonder forums like these are so tiny, and people don't like coming here.

M5 a troll? This forum tiny? People don't like coming here? adhd.gif

No one said you were an idiot, but if you want to run back to a forum to bash this site instead of making an effort to work with the people who are offering you assistance, then it shows why you're on that forum and not here. Not trying to start anything, but on this forum, we try to take an intelligent approach to problems or questions, and usually that entails starting out with the most information possible before just tossing out answers. As for how your setting your gains, good luck, I continue to see topics showing up across the net with blown sub woofers from installs using that tool. If you want easy answers with minimal information provided while not really making the most of what could be, you were in the right place before. If you want to do it with a little more planning or preparation though logical discussion, then this is the correct forum.

a tool doesnt have a brain, it does what it does and that is it. Jackasses who dont use it correctly will blow shit.

A tool doesn't have a brain, but of course neither does anyone usng a DD-1. Only thing it's good for is filling some rip-off artists pockets by stealing from audio noobies. Absolutely useless for anything.

Ok, no shit on setting the gains right. I still have yet to receive a proper answer. Running those subs, on around 2200-2400 watts, what is the suggested box size. I have a DD-1 so setting the gains is no problem.

Also I might add, M5, that is just sad that you would post such idiotic and troll-tastic shit to someone who is just looking for a simple answer. I am not a idiot, nor have I even put myself out there like/as one. It is no wonder forums like these are so tiny, and people don't like coming here.

M5 a troll? This forum tiny? People don't like coming here? adhd.gif

No one said you were an idiot, but if you want to run back to a forum to bash this site instead of making an effort to work with the people who are offering you assistance, then it shows why you're on that forum and not here. Not trying to start anything, but on this forum, we try to take an intelligent approach to problems or questions, and usually that entails starting out with the most information possible before just tossing out answers. As for how your setting your gains, good luck, I continue to see topics showing up across the net with blown sub woofers from installs using that tool. If you want easy answers with minimal information provided while not really making the most of what could be, you were in the right place before. If you want to do it with a little more planning or preparation though logical discussion, then this is the correct forum.

a tool doesnt have a brain, it does what it does and that is it. Jackasses who dont use it correctly will blow shit.

When the exact market segment a tool is designed and marketed for, under the premise of proper gain setting to not blow the sub woofer, are having issues, what does that tell you?

Give it time, with all these people installing these compression tweeters and so called pro drivers someone is gonna come out with a 12 volt compressor with an adjustable threshold gate.

Which of course you'll have to purchase the extra tool to adjust the gate.

Give it time, with all these people installing these compression tweeters and so called pro drivers someone is gonna come out with a 12 volt compressor with an adjustable threshold gate.

JK, hahaha

Edited by swift

It's a thingy with little knobs and blinky lights used in live sound to keep the loud parts of music not loud to keep from letting out the magic genie.

http://zedaudiocorp.com/index.php/products/ra/item/ra.html

http://zedaudiocorp....ra/item/ra.html

Well I'd be damned.

Thought edub would've been the one pointing that out.... lol