Sign in to follow this  
smashedz28

Do I have enough room?

I'm looking to put a single btl 15 in my trunk. I planned on 2 sa12's but after hearing them im not happy. I want something that hits a lot lower. It's a trunk car and sub will up fire. Going to run my bc2000 to it if it's able to properly fit back there.

Dimensions..13" height x 37" width x ~35 depth. Is that enough room to fit a btl 15 n2 in there with the proper port? I prefer a lower tune.

2nd, the btl has a mounting depth of 9.625". Will that put the magnet too close to the bottom of the box?

I have experience with a UFO btl 18 in another vehicle so I'm pretty sure this is the route I want to go, but if the space isn't there I'm not going to waste any money on it. Thanks

Edited by smashedz28

Every car I have heard with sub firing up in a trunk sounded like ass. Two 12's will do better in the truck rear firing than one 15 firing up. What made you not like the SA12's? Probably was the install. T

Every car I have heard with sub firing up in a trunk sounded like ass. Two 12's will do better in the truck rear firing than one 15 firing up. What made you not like the SA12's? Probably was the install. T

Don't tell me that! I have a single JL 12w0 on 250 watts RMS rear firing that is not nearly loud enough. Short term, I bought a Sundown E-15 and will do sub up, port rear on 400 watts. Would I and the OP be better off making the box at a 45 degree angle so the 15" can be rear firing, albeit at an angle?

Alright guys.. Ill give you my opinion coming from experience in my trunk of having an 18" BTL firing up. Even though it gets fairly loud (142.xx), two 12" subwoofers with port and subs firing rearward will be better and im 99% sure of it. Also the sa-12's that you heard that didnt hit low very well was because of the install. Subs will hit any frequency you really want them to, it all depends on the install, if you like lows, tune your box low and thats what youll get. Im redoing my system with two 15's so that i can face my subs either rearward or forward instead of having to fire them up. If it were my opinion, get two 12" SSA Icons (cost about the same as a BTL) and you wont be happier.

The box is roughly 4 cubes tuned to 34 hz. So your saying the box isn't tuned low enough?

The box is roughly 4 cubes tuned to 34 hz. So your saying the box isn't tuned low enough?

Could also be your amp/HU settings man

Mine was 3.5 @ 28 and played to ~24 before I started to lose authority (or maybe my hearing dropped off after that), and it was killer on the lows. What frequencies are you trying to play that you can't?

It's not that it doesn't hit the frequencies. It's the feeling I get when I lay into them. The air movement, pressure. Just a type of bass. I mean maybe a different box with a different tune may work but I'm just not feeling these subs. I used to have a single sa12 in my truck and it sounded good but just didn't hit as obnoxiously as I wanted. Most of my comparison is to my 18 btl in an suv. I know that's no where near even playin field. We also have a single Treo ssx 12 that we have had in there. Monster sub. Has a tone to it I can't exactly see those sa's doing. Probably the box. I'm playin with a pair of mid level woofers. I want more. Can a btl 15 fit into the above space properly? With the port volume needed?

What vehicle, and where is the box located? What are the settings on your amp/head unit? The Sa's should get plenty "low" in that box, what music are you playing?

would be able to fit , yes,

and my last box with my zcon was up firing and port back and it sounded really good,, what kinda car?

Going into a 2011 Malibu. The vehicle I heard my sa12s in is a 08 grand prix. I know there different cars. I'll be using a better amp IMO. Got a dc power 250xp so I'll be able to give them a little more. My cars just not wired or anything yet, his is so we used my subs in his car. Both trunk cars. Decisions decisions