a friend of mine is looking at getting a new system in his grand prix. so im gonna to hook him up with a dcon 12 but i need an amp that will run it safely. maybe a 500w @ 1 ohm. or a 1000w wired down or something along thoes lines. let me know what for amps i should look at but his price range would probably be around 300-350 for everything.

Depends on which coil configuration you get. I ran a 12" DCON on a Sundown SAX125.2 bridged @ 4 ohms. Worked great together. There used to be a packaged deal in the SSA store.

a friend of mine is looking at getting a new system in his grand prix. so im gonna to hook him up with a dcon 12 but i need an amp that will run it safely. maybe a 500w @ 1 ohm. or a 1000w wired down or something along thoes lines. let me know what for amps i should look at but his price range would probably be around 300-350 for everything.

300 to 350 for sub and amp?

yeah $300-$350 price range for sub and amp.

Your going to have to run 4 ohms or 2 ohms you cant do 1 ohm with a single dcon.

itd probably be @ 2ohm.

i wasnt thinking when i said 1 ohm... :P sorry

For a amp its your choice. Go used or new?

i wasnt thinking when i said 1 ohm... tongue.png sorry

I would recommend a AQ750 I you want to spend 200 dollars for new.

How cheap you think I could find a used one or should I just loon around. I just am looking for a brand that is usually true to power ratings

Why not get an amp rated at 300 watts rms? If your friend isn't knowledgeable about car audio and you're hooking him up with a 1000 watt amp, he's going to melt the coil. Also 300 watts is easier on a cars electrical. Sonic Electronix has a Boston Acoustics GT 275 which has a subsonic filter, high and low pass filters, bridges at 300 watts at 2 ohms, and cost $129 shipped.

How cheap you think I could find a used one or should I just loon around. I just am looking for a brand that is usually true to power ratings

Aq are good amps I have never had a problem with them. you would be doing 500rms @ 2 ohms. Alot of power for a dcon unless you turn the gain down.

The Dcon does not need more then RMS, it's a fairly efficient sub woofer. :)

Aq750 will give you 300rms @ 4 ohms

Aq750 will give you 300rms @ 4 ohms

Which will allow him to add a second 4 ohm DCON later when he wants more bass. Good thinking.

Geniuses. im glad i joined this forum! :D i've learned a hell of a lot