Sign in to follow this  
Quentin Jarrell

Got three XBL motors I'm willing to get rid of

I've got three xbl motors I'd be willing to let go for $150 plus shipping. They are rated with an xmax of 24.5mm one way, and a BL of 15 with a dual two ohm coil. You can expect to run 500 watts rms thermally on the coils. The motors have an aluminum shorting ring outside the gap. Below is a pic of the BL curves. Disregaurd the compliances, the motors will be coned with beefier coned ans 12 spoked baskets similar to what everyone else uses. I can give calculated T/S parameters using SpeeD (indusrty standard FEA in loudspeaker design)

lowenddriver-1.jpg

This photo is what the motors look like. One is black, two are nickel finshed.

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

Damn if I didn't just buy some subs I would of gotten these, nice price on them.

Wait so are you selling just a motor or a built sub. You make it sound like your going to build them up before they go out.

I know someone who's looking for a great sub for a great price, so I have similar questions. You simply stated that you had three to get rid of for $150 plus shipping, Is that $150 a unit? If you're building these up before sending them out what size are you looking at doing?

I have dual 2 and dual 4 ohm coils. They will work on 10, 12, 15 frames. 18 cone has too much moving mass.

$150 for each motor built to whatever size you want, plus shipping.

Are these XBL2 or is XBL something different? Just curious more than anything...

ADI designs?

I would like a 12" d2 shipped to 49002.

Are you ever planning on putting out a larger platform XBL2 motor? I am always keeping an eye out... I have a fixed supply of the good stuff from early 03'-04' but am always looking...

Yea, I had plans for several but when it came down to production they acted like they didn't want to take any money.

So I contacted Klippel and asked for their recommendation for designers here in the states.

That led me to Patrick Turnmire (created Orion's loudspeaker department And developed Orion's first products in the 90's and developed SpeaD, the program used in the Loudspeaker Cookbook), he is partners with Enrique Stiles ( designed cv Strokers, VP of Engineering at ADS Technologies, was chief of Engineering at Pioneer Speakers, manager of Speaker Engineering at Orion, has designed speakers for Altec Lansing, McIntosh, Boston Acoustics, Fishman, and Artisan), and they are partners with Vance Dickason whom needs no introduction.

So it's taken a little longer than expected but I've gathered the know how, the experience, and the tools to come up with some great product.

After I get the DSS (Direct Sound Solutions) product running I will be getting into the MMAG (multiple magnetic air gap) product that will concentrate on sound quality product and ultra high excursion subwoofers.

Are these XBL2 or is XBL something different? Just curious more than anything...

IIRC after Adire went defunct Wiggins had to change the name from XBL2, so he just dropped the "2" from the name.

Makes sense. I wonder who owns XBL2 now?

I would like a 12" d2 shipped to 49002.

I'm still in the hospital. I'll work something up when I make it home.