Warrior54

98 Plymouth breeze build - 2 18's on 4000watts

Will be starting build soon! Getting 2 ma audio hk12x2's rebuilt by PSI into 18s and the will handle 2000 watts each. Currently only have audiopipe 1500.1d but looking for either a sundown 3500 or audioque 3500. I think that's what they are. But something that will put out at least 4000 watts. Whatcha think?

Edited by Warrior54

how about 3 more ap1500s. :)

I did put that into consideration but I'd rather have one quality amp than 3 or 4 budgetquality amps. And more room for mids and highs amps

I am taking the back seat ou to do this. I'm sealing off trunk from the car itself and the box will be 7-8 cubes tuned to 32-35hz. Second skin damp. Pro will be installed also

2-18's in 7-8 cubes net each or total?

Welcome to SSA

Hope you have plans to upgrade your electrial system

Best of Luck with this project Sir

i understand your talking about the back seats, but your sealing off the trunk? is the encloser going to me in place of the back seats or will it be in the trunk?

Answer to all of your questions, 7-8 cubes for both subs together. 3-4 for each sub. And yes, big 3 upgrade, upgraded alternator already done. Need new front battery and rear battery, most likely will go with XS power with xs power 0awg wiring as well. And im sealing off the trunk so less sound travels through the trunk and back into the car. And last question, yes, it will take place of back seat. Any other suggestions? It will be a few weeks yet before i start and want some opinions on this

If you need some batteries let me know. i'm located down by st. louis but i got some batteries that are equivalent to the HC2400. for a quarter of their price. Still brand new too :)

If you need some batteries let me know. i'm located down by st. louis but i got some batteries that are equivalent to the HC2400. for a quarter of their price. Still brand new too smile.png

How much you want for the battery??

Don't put 18s in 3-4 cubic feet, that's the space needed for 15s. Id rather have the right subs in the right enclosure rather than 2 subs in a too small enclosure.

It will probably sound like your farting in the bathtub, (straight ass)

Do two PSI built 15's instead and you will be much happier!

Edited by swift

Don't put 18s in 3-4 cubic feet, that's the space needed for 15s. Id rather have the right subs in the right enclosure rather than 2 subs in a too small enclosure.

Agreed

If done right, it would work. Remember Hoffman's Iron Law, he has failed to mention tuning, so you don't know what choices he's made. I have an N3 18" in 2.7 cubes Net, I chose small size and low end, so obviously it's inefficient, but I've kept much more trunk space that would have been lost. It's also in a tapered horn, so that helps efficiency and air coupling.

If your looking for 4k clamped I would not choose a 3.5k amp. Manufactures ratings and real world power are two different things. Sure someone has probably squeezed 4k out of a smaller amp but not at a daily ohm load.

3-4 per sub is what i meant. but im going to do 9cubes tuned to 34hz.

If your looking for 4k clamped I would not choose a 3.5k amp. Manufactures ratings and real world power are two different things. Sure someone has probably squeezed 4k out of a smaller amp but not at a daily ohm load.

from what i read, this amp does a little over rated power and i just want between 3500 and 4000watts. So hopefully it does what i want

from what i read, this amp does a little over rated power and i just want between 3500 and 4000watts. So hopefully it does what i want

i did not word that right, lol. but it said it does around 4000 watts, little below. so hopefully its true

Music is dynamic and amps aren't a 100% efficient so regardless the amp rating underated or not you wont see the full rms.

i would re think the idea of two 18's 4cubes each kind of wont like the sound i hated it, my buddys one fi bl12(2.5cubes after port with 40inchs of port area tuned 32) had more low end then my 18 pitiful...you learn though, reasons why manufactures say a certain cubic range.

Just my 2cents you can still no matter what your going to have bass though,

Edited by Dictator

i would re think the idea of two 18's 4cubes each kind of wont like the sound i hated it, my buddys one fi bl12(2.5cubes after port with 40inchs of port area tuned 32) had more low end then my 18 pitiful...you learn though, reasons why manufactures say a certain cubic range.

Just my 2cents you can still no matter what your going to have bass though,

Maybe 10 cubes for it, i dont really care, i have plenty of space for this box. I will ask PSi what they suggest after they rebuild the subs