Sign in to follow this  
Billy

bl 18 box question

I ran 2 fi bl 18's 3 or 4 years ago off 2 sundown 1500s in like 15 cubes net. Now I am looking at running them again in a scion xb. I have a box already that is 12 cubes net @ 32hz, how well would the bl 18's do in this box off sundown 3500d? Would it be too small, the site says 5-8 cubes each. thanks for any help

What are the exact specs of the enclosure?

I dont know how I signed into my old name, it wouldnt let me at first. Anyway the box is 15 cubes total @ 32hz. It has 140 square inches of port

That sounds like it should be fine. It is on the lower side of airspace, and port area but it should be fine. If you already have it all try it out and see how you like it.

Wait, do you already have the 18's?

well i havent ordered the subs yet, i was down to bl's or another brand and was told the others would work in this box fine. But I really want to go back to FI so, I may try these

Would you be against getting 15's and building a new enclosure?

Are you keeping your rear seats?

if I am building a new box, I am for sure going with bl 18's. I already have back seat out, I had the obsidian 18's in for a little while and decided I wanted to run more power and a small setup. Now I been running aq hdc3 10" off aq 2200d for little while, and starting to miss my 18s. The box I have now, I have few other options for subs. Just trying to decide so I can make an order.

That being said the bl's sound like a very good option. What other drivers are you considering?

psi platform 2, ia death row/death penalty. dc xl

psi platform 2, ia death row/death penalty. dc xl

I would strongly advise that you don't go with PSI. The Bl should work great.

thanks for all the help, I actually had alot of people to tell me to go with the psi but I just wanted to go back to fi. I have a psi level 2 12" that used for awhile before i put the hdc3 10 in. Looks like the bl is what I will get and then later I may build a new box if I think they will be better in it

another option I would have with this box is to run 3 15's, but I really think the 2 18's will be fine in this box. At least until next summer when I have some vacation time, then I may go to bigger box

Sign in to follow this