• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1. Recent Topics

• 17 comments
        • 393 comments
        • 2 comments
        • 5 comments
        • 6 comments
        • 1 comment
  • Similar Content

• By Second Skin
      Duster Joe's 1976 Plymouth Duster Trunk Build
      Customer Joe M. Build Info:
      1976 Plymouth Duster 2006 6.1L Hemi 1996 Borg Warner T56 (Viper) Trunk is 53 cu/ft space
      Complete car was done with three boxes of Damplifier Pro (90 sqft total). Trunk specially was completed using 8-10 sheets of Damplifier Pro.

The trunk before any Damplifier Pro sound deadening.

Installing the Damplifier Pro butyl sheets. 

Interior trunk walls only needed one full sheet of Damplifier Pro each to reduce sound to just a deep thump.

After the Second Skin Damplifier Pro was installed. The Damplifier Pro dropped the sound of the fuel pump to nearly no sound at all. 

Here a picture showing the trunk sound deadening completed. It’s totally covering the floor, wheel wells and one full sheet of Damplifier Pro on each inner quarter panel.  The rear trunk panel was completely done as well.

• By afearlesshunter
      Round number two for the real deal. Started planning and collecting for this build a few months after I got the car, so basically a full year now. Don't really have an idea for goals yet, I hope its loud and I will get it metered in the spring. Super close to tearing into it and getting it done, waiting on a few more things to arrive in the mail.
      2001 Honda Civic Sedan ES1
      Singer 320A
      Soundrive SDA3 12's
      Taramp's HD8000 Ex
      PPI 900.4
      Xs Power D5100 & 3100 (maybe more battery coming)
      4/0 welding cable
      SHCA Fuse Holders / Speaker Wire / Battery Terminals
      Kenwood X399 HU
      *Possibly going with SSA Evil 6.5 for mids, no clue on tweeters yet*
      Lots of misc stuff to make it all happen.... on to the pictures.
      The car

Box design, 2.3 ft 30hz 

In the trunk. I will be make a front panel for it and completely sealing off once I finish wiring in batteries etc.

Still waiting on my 16 ton crimper, triple 4/0 inputs, probably get some quad 8 awg for the speaker terminals whenever they are back in stock. Still need a shorter belt for the alt and just small stuff to wrap it up. Advice etc always appreciated. Thanks for stoppin in for a gander!
    • By mikebingham34
      Hey everyone, 
      First off I wanna apologize for changing my mind so much. My financial situation has changed, so my future setup ideas have too. Even though I have not followed through with other plans ya'll have helped me with, I have learned a lot for each comment or post I read.

On to the enclosure idea. I will be getting a single SA-10 D2 as soon as my current setup sells. I will be running it off of a BRZ1200 @ 1 Ohm (for headroom). My goals are for it to be decently loud (I have had an E-12, hope to be comparable to that), and flat sounding for all music types... From dubstep to decaf to classic rock to country. It will be in my daily which is the trunk of a 2000 Honda Civic Sedan (DX EJ6, D16Y7 Auto). I am planning on building an enclosure that is 1.4 cubic feet, with a 17" long, 4" aeroport, tuned to 34.8 Hz. 

My questions are as follows:
      Is the box too large? I commonly see Jacob recommending 1-1.25 cubes for a ported SA-10.
      Should I keep the 4" aero? It gives 9" of port per cube (high end of the spectrum for an aero)
      Or go with a 3", or just go slot port... If I go slot, what kind of port area should I use?
      Lastly, is that a good tuning? I would like an F3 around 28Hz. 

Thank you for all your help, as always. 
  • Recent YouTube Posts