what does everything think of these? i had the 1500 watt version early in the year running 4 ohm on an old school eclipse 12, never ran hot, had no issues with it and i loved the small size of it but people either love it or hate it. i only ask because audiopipe came out with a new 2000 watt model and it looks promising as does most AP products due to cost/watt ratio.

looking to actually compete this next year in street stock and street trunk. I'm working with a budget of about $400 for an amp. Ramrod and i have been talking but i also want to get some input from others in the competition world.

will end up running either 2 12 gcons or icons. just waiting on the w3s i have to sell before justifying spending the money.

I run one as a temporary amp and I can't complain. They also replace pretty much anything sent back broken, user error or not. Resale value is also very high. I will be getting something of better quality soon though.

I haven't had any experience with the APSM seris but have had plenty of experience with nearly every mono amp in the AP series in the past 4 years so i can only vouch for them. Never had a problem with reliability or amps blowing up in my face like so many people seem to have happen. I've had two AP3000's and a AP1500, no issues except for one DOA i got back in 09 but that was switched out with a new amp no charge through the place i ordered it. I also installed a AP1800, 2 AP1500's, and a AP1000 in friends cars and they all are running fine to this day. One of my AP3000's that i sold to my cousin has been through hell and back (Nearly full tilt for long drives, low voltage, tossed around in a accident when he rolled his jeep in the snow) and still performs like the day i bought it.

From what people are saying the APSM's are somewhat better/stronger than the AP's and i love my AP's

I think their great temp/cheap amplifiers. I always recommend them for cheap ppl lol

And i am not a competitor so i can't speak on using them in competition only from a daily standpoint. From what I have read on other forums it looks like most guys that are competitors frown upon using Audiopipe in daily setups let alone in the lanes lol, but hey to each his own i guess.

I have used alot of the AP series and loved all of them. I switched to the APSM series due to cost and space issue. Haven't finished building my box yet (actually doing it right now), but when I do I will be running my 2 Skar MA-8's with my APSM-1500. Should be playing tomorrow. Seen the 2K, and plan on running 2 of them on 8 MA-8's when I get my license back and have my own car. (Build I'm doing now is going in the family minivan my girl drives, lol). I was very impressed at the weight and overall build quality of such an inexpensive amp. But it doesn't surprise me, Audiopipe is definitely the leader in the "budget" car audio world.

Edited by PHATBOi

there are competitors who use them in the lanes too..

People just like to use this as their base-

They don't put out a clean signal at their rated power output.

Well.. if they do or not, i don't know, i am not here to measure the specifics but like others, know of people who run them without problems...

Hell, i even remember one time, lol, we took an ap3001d(stable at 2ohm) and wired it down to 0.45ohms to try and burp it..

We tried 4 different burp sessions. At full tilt rolling volume, all 4 times went into protect.

We got a schematic which showed protect circuit kicked in at 1.32ohms and lower.

And we clamped it dirty and was pleased with it's power to ohm ratio as well.

If i could have ran 16 AP amps in my car i would have.. but no room, lol.

thanks for all the input guys, the biggest thing i cannot pass up is the fact that it puts out so much power with such a small footprint.

i drive a cruze, there is trunk space but no where near as much as other sedans. i can comfortably fit 3.5 cubes with amp room to allow breathing room and what not. i'll be running 2 amps and a processor. not a ton of space but enough.

thanks for all the input guys, the biggest thing i cannot pass up is the fact that it puts out so much power with such a small footprint.

i drive a cruze, there is trunk space but no where near as much as other sedans. i can comfortably fit 3.5 cubes with amp room to allow breathing room and what not. i'll be running 2 amps and a processor. not a ton of space but enough.