Sign in to follow this  
KenC210

Box Calculator

Just wondering what is a good box calculator that is user friendly?

What do you need exactly? http://the12volt.com has plenty of box calculators for individual stuff like port length, etc. You can also check out the torres calc. I've never used it but people seem to like it...whatever you do don't touch the RE calc, it's notorious for having the measurements on some stuff be way off.

Here is the box. All external demensions are HxWxD 22.75x41x20 and port is HxWxL 20.5x4.25x24

NewBox2_zps389d0e08.jpg

How is this remotely relevant to Fi? laugh.png

And as already stated, what specifically are you looking for? Modeling frequency response? Coming up with port length and tuning, vent mach? Cutout dimensions?

Edited by stefanhinote

What do you need exactly? http://the12volt.com has plenty of box calculators for individual stuff like port length, etc. You can also check out the torres calc. I've never used it but people seem to like it...whatever you do don't touch the RE calc, it's notorious for having the measurements on some stuff be way off.

I did try looking at re calculator and i didnt think it looked right. I needed a port length of 24 and re said i had a 15" port and the total port was 22.625. and tuned at 32hz

And as already stated, what specifically are you looking for? Modeling frequency response? Coming up with port length and tuning, vent mach? Cutout dimensions?

Sorry this is going to be a box for 2 fi 15 bl

Regardless, it's still not relevant to Fi. You can put any driver in any enclosure. :P

Still haven't stated what you specifically need help with. Did you randomly draw that enclosure in sketch up, or?

Regardless, it's still not relevant to Fi. You can put any driver in any enclosure. tongue.png

Still haven't stated what you specifically need help with. Did you randomly draw that enclosure in sketch up, or?

Not randomly drawn in i use exact measurements, its just the idea i want. But i am completely new to box designing and any help is appreciated. I am looking for a daily driver tuned to around 32hz

edit: i guess i would need more help with port

Edited by KenC210

Im on mobile so im not about to type out a paper, but this should help

So it seems i have a lot of re work in front of me instead of just using a box calculator. So what is a good port area for 2 fi 15 bl's?

Alright so i get max box dimensions then i need to figure the port area i need once i figure the port area i could figure the length for tuning. So once i get the port i figure the displacement of the port and then subtract it from the box volume?

Sign in to follow this