swift

*Swift's Rebuild* 3 SP4 18's, 12k Walled F250

Wow does that build look great!! Truck looks amazing as well :)

have i ever said how jealous i am of you??? haha, thats my dream truck right there. love the install and everything about it. been watching from the beginning. can't wait to hear your thoughts on your front stage choices

Ive heard good things about rockford punch pro audio. Let us know how you like em when u get them..

Really wanted to get this done over the weekend but ran out of 2/0 last night at 10pm. I guess 125ft wasnt nearly enough. Gonna pick up another 75ft and hopefully that will do it.

Put in new KnuKonceptz Krystal RCA's, made a new amp tray cause the old was worn from all the changing up thing. Got the Battery tray built, batteries mounted and as much wire run as possible. The fuse blocks will be very functional for Meca but will also have a small copper block to bridge if running Usaci.

Once the wall is playing I can focus on the doors. The ID horns motors are way bigger than I thought. Im gonna have to get creative mounting those under dash.

All new 10ga in box

wire_zps7b5fdbe1.jpg

Tray built and mounted in tool box

tray1_zpse1799340.jpg

Sound Deadner for a grommet works like a champ, lol 2.5in holes now in my truck

holes_zpsc147b5ab.jpg

Batteries in and charger permanently mounted, I will run a extension cord to truck when needed. :)

tray3_zpsf9f77711.jpg

I have alot more wire to run but you get the idea

tray4_zpscc39f43e.jpg

Now for the UGLY, inside back door, I will make this pretty once I get a mock up done, only because I will be opening this door at Meca meets to change fusing. If it wasnt for that the back doors would stay shut and locked. LOL

block_zpsac7049eb.jpg

Thats all for now. Better pics of amps, subs and other shit will come later.

Hey man, your install is lookin great but i NEED to tell you this ASAP before something bad happens.

Your copper buss bar fusing system is a fire hazard.

Long story short from experience building mine, if and when that wood absorbs moisture in the air, it will conduct electricity.

It looks like you have the wood screwed into Ground.

If that's true, i strongly suggest you remove the fusing and buss bar ASAP and put an insulator under the mounting area where the buss bars screw into the wood.

I use GPO3 Fiberglass Insulation. There are many insulators out there.. Many glass sheeting Lowes sells can be considered an electrical insulator.

hmmm, interesting. The fasle floor is not bolted down at all but the box is. Just for safe measures I can use acrylic / plexiglass blocks to raise the bars instead of wood blocks. I have seen my method many times at meets but will take the advise and use something different. :) Thanks

Yea man when i was working on my battery bank back in the summer, i had a bunch of 2x4s all cut up in weird shapes i was going to use for something in the build.

I had them all around the car and i just got done using one and laid it across both terminals of the same battery.

Now, we know wood is not conductive but it cannot be considered an insulator(now i know) because it can retain and absorb liquid.

When i laid that 2x4 down, i was bent over too, when it happened...

Large ass arc manifested right at the power terminal and shot the 2x4 right off.

I took my hand and felt all over that 2x4. I couldn't feel nothing wet or anything else for that matter on the 2x4 but for safety sake, i consider all wood and metallic objects in the vehicle as a ground source so all power cables are protected from possibly getting cut around wood and all power blocks were raised above the wood with insulators because ground blocks rest on the same wooden panels as the power blocks do..

Hehe, 31,000MA of power is something i do not want to see in my car.

Edited by shizzzon

I would seriously hate for shizzzon to inspect my restaruant if he ever became part of USDA.

Very high quality box, loving the setup. rockwoot.gif

sorry for the double post :/ internet is a bit slow today

Edited by SacredTanakh

This thing is gonna be nasty! Low end extension on the Sp4's is killer

The subs are playing and its stupid loud with them strapped. But I have zero front stage. Something is way off with the headunit, RCA's or something. I wish I hadnt fucked with replacing the RCA's to the expensive pretty Knu's. The cheap random Rockford and Tsunami worked great.

I have no left to right speration, when I balance over I still hear both sides the just get quieter. I can also hear the mids through the highs channel. I double and triple checked the rca's and speaker connections.

These are those 4 channel Krystal Kable's that Knu sells. I am going to try a direct swap with the old rca's tonight and see what that does. But the headunit not filtering correctly makes no sense. Its like they are all playing full pass. I disconnected the horns and just playing with the mids to figure this shit out. Im hella pissed.

But the windshield looks like she is gonna go, bass hurts. Voltage doesnt go below 13.2 full tilt driving. Still not sure it was worth spending another 2500 to add the other amp. I guess the meter will tell me. If its 158's on music I'll be happy

damn man I have been watching this thread closely and is easily my favorite build on SSA right now. Thanks for convincing me on the SP4s because that is the woofers I will be walling my car back off again!

What do you have the 5500's wired at? How is your electrical?

I'm adding a 2nd right now and am going to strap at 1

I have a dc270a alt, 3100 under the hood and 5-6 3100's by the amps

I have 4 XS D3400's, 4 group 31 Die Hard Marine Platinums and Mechman 370amp alt.

I am wired to 1.5.....so each amp should be seeing .75 or so. Maybe less. Drops to low 13's full tilt, which I am fine with.

Could get front speakers to play, thought it was the new rca's or headunit. Threw the trusty Alpine PDX in and I'm back in business. I will send the Crescendo back and hopefully get that squared away soon. That will give me time to install the 8's and horns. The Rockford 6.5's and one horn hooked up it still loud as hell and I am now sold on hlcd's. Mofo is loud and clear.

So after playing the radio for one hour straight with the truck off on battery only I decided to go have a listen once it was in. Took the meter to get a baseline. It will be louder with a fresh charge.

Same meter placement, same song as my 156..7 run on this song. Im very happy considering this is a low tuned daily work truck, Its loud as piss.

Gonna charge the batteries and try to see a 159 on music. That would be awesome.

Good God !!! Love your build still to this day....

158.6 isn't half bad either!

Nice score man, glad you like those horns. How many watts are you sending those horns?

Edited by jay-cee