Sign in to follow this  
Quentin Jarrell

Got two weeks of free time if anyone needs free help

Been in the hospital from Monday till Thursday due to some complications from complex Migraines and some other stuff they are still looking at. The doctors said I can't drive for another two weeks and I'm getting a little bored laying in the bed so if you need any help with a box, drawing a sketch-up, a cut list, ect let me know.

Yeah! A bandpass for 2 SA-10's with spl coils max dimensions are 25wX12.5hx30d. Power will be from Cactus k5 can set gains accordingly!

Any particular passband you are aiming for. Or gain ripple?

That is very nice of you! Feel better!

That is very nice of you! Feel better!

Man, i'm used to working 60-80 hours a week. After sitting in the hospital for 4 days and now another 2 weeks at home I gotta keep my mind distracted.

4th order, for competition use need to peak around 53hz. Thanks for spending your down time with us!

Really nice of you man, I know how time consuming it can be to design good enclosures. Thanks for your help with mine.

Hope you get better soon.

Hope your doing better now.

Better, got a hell of a migraine right now with a little light headedness.

Get well soon sir.

Facing forward drivers side or centered, will endup building both along with an external 6" PSP. Burp box just a tad for music that peaks along with the car!

Edited by ludeman

This is what I came up with. Maybe someone with more spl experience will chime in.

Port on side facing forward. 11''x 5'' 36.41'' long tuned to 53 hertz (a lot smaller than I'd use but that's all that'll fit

front volume: 1.224 cubic feet

rear volume: .612 cubic feet

dualsundown10bandpass.jpg

as long as you do not account for port displacement, you are alright. Since his port is completely external, he will do trial and error tuning himself so impossible to advise proper tuning without being there.

As well, i hope the tuning frequency chosen doesn't alter your recommended enclosure volumes.

What i personally do for SPL only is to build a box larger than normal with a larger than normal port.

IE, if i were to build a box for a 12, i'd build it using 4cuft net with 120sqin of port.

I would then, by trial and error, start slowing displacing volume AND measuring peak frequency response for ALL volume changes.

This takes a LONG time, but in the end, you get the right volume with the right tuning.

Gonna play with this for a few days on paper. Thanks for your time.

Hey Q, what was that dsp you recommended me before a while back? Do you have a link?

for sound processing. A while back, you recommended one. You said you would set it for the customers and forget it kind of dea.

for sound processing. A while back, you recommended one. You said you would set it for the customers and forget it kind of dea.

Audison bit one perhaps, but it's still going to require tuning.

Rockford 3sixty, jbl ms8, audison bit one, bit ten, alpine imprint, minidsp. All that comes to mind.

The bit one would a hell of a lot easier to install

They are dc with a built in inverter. At least the 4 that I have that are about 15 years old.