07_ZX10

Finally Ordered 18's again

Its been awhile since I had good pair of 18s, and I just ordered 2 FI BL 18s with cooling and flatwind. That was by far my best pair of subs I have owned in the past and decided to go back with what I have had the best luck with. Going in a 2012 scion xb

Congrats! Sounds like enough to blow your head off lol. My buddy just ordered a 15" BL today with cooling, flatwind, and hyperpole I think. I'll likely be ordering the same or an 18 soon.

Congrats! Sounds like enough to blow your head off lol. My buddy just ordered a 15" BL today with cooling, flatwind, and hyperpole I think. I'll likely be ordering the same or an 18 soon.

18's or go home, lol

:yay:

18's or go home, lol

That's kinda my thinking lol. Owned 15's, but never anything bigger. Space is the only issue.

I ran 2 bl 18's in an expedition for over 2 years off 2 sundown 1500d's strapped and then changed to a sundown 3500d. Then I have ran seems like everything since then so I figured why not go back to what I was happy with at first

I ran 2 bl 18's in an expedition for over 2 years off 2 sundown 1500d's strapped and then changed to a sundown 3500d. Then I have ran seems like everything since then so I figured why not go back to what I was happy with at first

Just curios, mind sharing what else you have used and how they compare in your opinion? I have a set of loaded 12 BL's and was contemplating in making them into 18's. Or just getting a BTL Neo.

Actually I ran fi bl 12 on a sundown 1500d before I bought the 18's. Then I got 2 aq hdc3 12's off a sundown 3500 which was very loud, people were suprised to see it was just a pair of 12's. Then i bought this little scion xb and ran a pair of skar 12's and skar 1500d for a month and they ok but nothing like I really wanted so I changed to a pair of obsidian 18's off the skar 1500d. They sounded clean, very low but just didnt give me the output I wanted, possibly because they only had 1500 watts to the pair, but even after 5 minutes they would get stinky. Then psi p2 12', then aq hdc3 10" off aq 2200d. And now back to the bl 18's. I wanted to do the sp4 18's but really didnt have the extra money for them right now. And Im trying to sell my 2200d to get a 3500 so I figured the bl's would be a good choice just for daily driver.

When I went through all the orders Friday before I left, We have a stack of BL orders to do. RIght now it seems the most popular subs (right now) are BL's or SP4's bar none.

I thought it would be awhile before I got them, but received a tracking number friday that says they will be here October 10th.

I did a lot of burps with two SPL BL 12s, they really can take anything mechanically. Took me forever to find a buyer tho. Ended up selling them individually to other SPL guys, but i kinda wish I hadn't. They were a lot of fun to play around with.

But two 18" BLs is no joke. I know the SP4s are a hot ticket right now but you won't be too shabby with the BLs either. Keep us updated!

delivery date was today, I received only 1 sub, trying to get in touch with FI to see where the other is. Called Fedex and they only had one to deliver

how many tracking numbers did you receive?

2, one master and then another. The master still says initated, I just didnt know why they would only ship 1.

well, while i wait to see where other sub it, here is the design i had done, and the box is built in the car. Just waiting game now, done by evan at wooferwarehouse.com. I still got to make my trim panels for the front and amp rack

View_share_wooferwarehouse.png

Saw that on another forum, that should be a loud setup for you. Look forward to pics

thanks, i still got to order my batteries and a new amp.

Looks tight man. Needs to get a new job or a sugar momma so I can change setups. Lol

my other sub is supposed to ship today. So hopefully it wont be long, anyway, here couple pics of where im at now. The blue suede was just put on so when I do my trim panel on the front in black suede, you will see the blue logo im cutting out.

brace on port was temp til i had sides on good

20121020_173321.jpg

20121020_140255.jpg

20121021_112753.jpg

20121022_171459.jpg

gotta touch up paint also in port

20121022_171415.jpg

and the one that is here

20121023_162844.jpg

got my other sub today, pretty good, less than a month to get both subs from FI. I got them playing today, maybe a video this weekend. Its definitely loud off only an aq2200d for now

touching up port paint tomorrow, cutting a one piece front trim panel and rewrapping it this weekend also.

20121027_172855.jpg

20121027_172935.jpg

Looks awesome man. Cant wait for some vids :)

liking the setup and boxdesign !