masteryoda

Test results 600 Watt subs

So I had some equipment laying around the shop and some spare time. I thought I would do the following tests. what are your thoughts on this?

Both subs where tested for peak Hz prior to shooting the video. so each sub is played at its loudest Hz to make the test fair. this was done only to keep people from saying the one sub likes a differant Hz becuase it does. the second important thing to note is that this test is based on actual clamped power and not head unit volume the volume had to be turned up on one sub to get the same clamped power to make the output the same. Thank and enjoy!

Rated power test

40% over rated power test

Edited by Master Yoda

Not sure what you are trying to prove, but the test isn't valid. Reporting data way beyond the accuracy of the equipment you are using isn't very forthcoming.

You should do yourself a favor and calculate your uncertainties then. It'll be eye opening.

You should do yourself a favor and calculate your uncertainties then. It'll be eye opening.

so I take it that you understand uncertainties can not be calculated becuase they are unknow? take it for what it is its just some results and you dont have to agree with or like them for them to be what they are.

fun watch, thanks for sharing ,

Almost all of them can be as the equipment you used includes those specifications across the board. And the ones you can't are somewhat easily measured or approximated.

Ahh, shucks. Start simple. How do you figure out the length of something with a measuring tape?

I'm still confused on what was being tested.

No valid way to compare two different subs in an spl environment. In the case of direct swap maybe but that's it.

So I had some equipment laying around the shop and some spare time. I thought I would do the following tests. what are your thoughts on this?

so I take it that you understand uncertainties can not be calculated becuase they are unknow? take it for what it is its just some results and you dont have to agree with or like them for them to be what they are.

You did ask for our thoughts.....

Just because you measured something, doesn't mean you measured something meaningful.

No valid way to compare two different subs in an spl environment. In the case of direct swap maybe but that's it.

That would only prove that the louder sub (which we will assume that's what you're trying to achieve) works better in the install than the other sub. In another install it may be switched around.

So one sub isn't ever "better" than another. That's why wer figure out what the install is going to consist of before we figure out drivers.

Edited by watts09

Just made a new video over the weekend differant car and box. same subs and amp this time only 1666 watts! check my youtube! thanks everyone

To point out the purpose of measuring output power.. that's not correct.

I've said this many of times on forums, you cannot get near accurate results by using peak hold.

The peaks will be taken at different times of the measurement.

So throw the power output out.

2nd, regardless if the sundown andor the aa sub is new or suspension is loose, unless the test can be duplicated in multiple vehicles, there is only 1 direct comparison which is not enough to go off of.

Nobody ever does this accurately because of how much it takes to prove...

But if you want to, put the same box and same sub swap in at least 2-4 other vehicles and see what the conclusions are.

Also, take into account the suspensions of each sub and their current lifespan.

The brother to the DD-1!!!!!!!

Klippel LSI with the auralization technique is the only testing Ill pay any attention to. To many flaws in these "tests"

That box with the display must be one bad mofo if it can differentiate box rise and impedance rise caused from frequency change and inductance and heat.

Edited by Quentin Jarrell

That box with the display must be one bad mofo if it can differentiate box rise and impedance rise caused from frequency change and inductance and heat.

The moment I saw the term "box rise" I lost all faith in the device.