codester

2003 Dodge Dakota crew with 2 15" Icons

I have the subs facing forward right now and it sounds really good. Seems to fit best that way and gives me room for the amps in front. That Rockford is a current hog though. Roof sounds a lot better but still could use a lot more deadening. Also needs a lot of tuning as bass is so overpowering.

Looking good, nice 4 channel, and sweet subs. ;)

Wow just wow. I worked on getting everything in last night and this morning. Hooked up my Rockford t15004 because my crescendo is still a week away. Holy ball its stupid loud on 1/4 volume. Need to do some serious tuning etc so I can try and get speakers to somewhat keep up. Shakes my truck so bad but I got to be very careful as I'm getting bad voltage drop so gains are at minimum etc. Will post pics after work. These subs are awesome.

Just curious hows the electrical? You said you were getting a singer alt. Do you only have the one battery up front?

Wow just wow. I worked on getting everything in last night and this morning. Hooked up my Rockford t15004 because my crescendo is still a week away. Holy ball its stupid loud on 1/4 volume. Need to do some serious tuning etc so I can try and get speakers to somewhat keep up. Shakes my truck so bad but I got to be very careful as I'm getting bad voltage drop so gains are at minimum etc. Will post pics after work. These subs are awesome.

Just curious hows the electrical? You said you were getting a singer alt. Do you only have the one battery up front?

Right now electrical is not up to par, Have to still install my stinger volt meter but im dropping quite a bit. I have gain barely above zero and its plenty loud for average listening and then My stock gauge stays pretty steady once I turn it up much it drops pretty fast. I'm hoping the Crescendo is quite a bit more efficient and the 250 amp alternator will get rid of almost all dropping. I only have an XS power D2700 in front now. May add a xp2000 if I still need to.

Try some xcons on the samme power!

Would have loved to have gotten the Xcons but it would have been around $300 more with shipping and these subs are way more than I can handle already. Been without real bass for a long time so I have to adjust again. :P Also im running a Kicker kx600.4 on a set of Hertz Hsk components in front and Hertz Esk (i think) components in rear.

Looking good, nice 4 channel, and sweet subs. wink.png

Thanks Aaron, Yes they are sweet subs, I love them so far. My truck on the other hand, not so much.

nice equipments you have ! The 2nd battery in the back would be a good move. And you're so lucky to find an HO alt for your car !

Thanks for sharing those pics.

I'm not a fan of rear speakers, but I'd like to try some Hertz comps, one day.

I do love my Focal set, so I will wait until they break to change...they are in their 2nd car, and are 7 or 8 years old !!!

So I reallized after installing my Kicker KX600.4 it has a bad "fuzz" (not alternator whine and only this amp has it,) any idea if it can be fixed or what it could be? Also have a Eclipse 3242 (I think) I might throw it in if this Kicker amp is screwed. THe buzzing is only audible at low volumes but enough that it bugs me. Any suggestions? Just got a shipping notification that my 250amp Singer alt was shipped today and will be here next Friday approx. Good thing! And also would I be better getting one XS Xp2000 or 2 XS Xp950's? the Xp950's would fit under my false floor while the XP2000 would have to go.... somewhere

nice equipments you have ! The 2nd battery in the back would be a good move. And you're so lucky to find an HO alt for your car !

Thanks for sharing those pics.

I'm not a fan of rear speakers, but I'd like to try some Hertz comps, one day.

I do love my Focal set, so I will wait until they break to change...they are in their 2nd car, and are 7 or 8 years old !!!

Ya I was lucky that HO alts for my truck are easy to find, My experience with Mike Singer has been awesome so far, super quick replying and easy to deal with. Definitely recommend! I love my hertz comps, I put in the rears for my one back passenger but now that I found out my 4 channel amp has an annoying buzz I might just get a good 2 channel amp and just run the fronts. My buddy's girlfriend has a whole focal system and loves it, I found when I was demoing components the focals were a little harsh for my tastes and the Hertz were just as clear but a bit warmer sound. I know its all in settings, install and preference so take it as a grain of salt but that was my experience.

check the ground, if you have an ipod use a mini to RCa plug it directly into the amp, if the buzz is still present its mostliky the amp

check the ground, if you have an ipod use a mini to RCa plug it directly into the amp, if the buzz is still present its mostliky the amp

Thanks, Ill try that, Im guessing it is the amp because if I switch out the amp for a different one it goes away. Bought the amp off ebay a year or so ago as a match for my other couple of that model but didn't do much testing after I got it.

Finally got some pics, It all needs a good cleaning up but didnt want to go crazy becuase I still have a different amp coming and will make it all pretty once I get that in.

IMG_20121009_194942_zps92ec316d.jpg

IMG_20121011_123017_zps9c093877.jpg

Not happy with the finish on the baffle so Ill be changing that but the rockguard came out nice, was a tight fit, have to take out door panel to get it in.

IMG_20121011_123045_zpsd6a4d2ff.jpg

IMG_20121011_123124_zpsec18ca7c.jpg

IMG_20121011_123133_zpsc84c120a.jpg

IMG_20121011_123149_zps3b15393c.jpg

Nice looking setup there.Could i get pics of this kicker amp?

Edited by KenC210

Sure? can I ask why? Just external pictures?

Sure? can I ask why? Just external pictures?

I was going to offer a trade for my 11zx650.4 cuz i just bought 2 AQ120.4 but my boy said he was going to buy it

I Just ordered an xs xp3000 from SSA so I shouldn't have any voltage issues once I get my alt in :)

Ya gotta figure out where to mount it but got a few ideas. Also ordered a couple sundown e12s to put in a friends car. :) my truck is very violent tho. Will make a video after I get the alt in, right now I can only hammer on it for like 30 seconds before I gotta turn it down cuts of voltage. Also swapped in my eclipse 36401 amp and bridged it to run my hertz hsks. Got rid of the buzzing :)

You may be able to add a couple inches to the floor some how and lay the battery on its side. here is how my extra batteries are. Batteries have one run of ground from the front and also grounded to the frame in rear. So the ground from the amp is short and straight to battery. Just a thought since your setup is similar to my current one. I think you will end up ditching the single rear seat and going length of the truck soon. You may not think thats what you want to do now but I give it 3 months till you want either more or want to change it somehow. Thats just the nature of the beast :)

photo15.jpg

Edited by swift

You may be able to add a couple inches to the floor some how and lay the battery on its side. here is how my extra batteries are. Batteries have one run of ground from the front and also grounded to the frame in rear. So the ground from the amp is short and straight to battery. Just a thought since your setup is similar to my current one. I think you will end up ditching the single rear seat and going length of the truck soon. You may not think thats what you want to do now but I give it 3 months till you want either more or want to change it somehow. Thats just the nature of the beast :)

photo15.jpg

Ya that's kinda my plan. I'd rather not raise it though as the port is already about 7 inches away from roof. I'd also lose all visibility out the back. As for upgrading, I hate to think about it but ya if I upgrade I'd ad another crescendo bc2000 and wall the back adding another 2 15" icons, I'm thinking this will last hopefully for more than three months though. At 19 I gotta start planning my future now, just wanted a sweet sound system first. Gotta also fix my 1993 300zx TT and 88 rx7.

So I figured out what was wrong with the subs. Was just my memory on wiring. Using the terminals I forgot if I had the coils horizontal or vertical so it was all screwed up so I took it apart and wired it all back up to 4 ohms on my little kicker kx550.3 and wow. Sounds amazing and moves a lot of air. Will post a quick video if I can tomorrow and then another one once I get my new amp tomorrow and get the alternator and the xp3000

So yesterday I recieved the 250 amp Singer alt and installed it right away. Was easier than I expected, wow I used to get some light dimming with 500 rms on my d2700 but just got my Crescendo BC2000D wired up to one ohm and another small highs amp and have no dimming at all even cranked at idle. One thing I was surprised is that going from 100rms each sub to around 1000 each sub barely gained any output, just made the bass hit a lot tighter. The subs sound amazing now though.

IMG_20121017_132200_zps941d2acf.jpg

Alt installed with new shorter belt

IMG_20121022_194810_zps21958c38.jpg

Also my dad got a new truck this weekend. :)IMG_20121017_172733_zpsa27ba69b.jpg

I like your dads truck! :)

That seems odd to me. 200 watts to 2000 watts and very little output difference? You sure you have it wired to 1 ohm?

I could understand not hearing much difference from 200 to 400 but that seems a little crazy.

I like your dads truck! :)

Ya its really nice. He had an 06 f350 6L that was having some issues so he decided to trade it in. Got to drive it from work today and wow lots of power, quite and drives so much nicer than his 06. His new truck is a 2012 f350 lariat with Nav and premium sound. Has levelling kit and he's putting on a chrome west in bumper