zoeboi954

what size and type of wire should i connect to my sub

what size and type of wire should i connect to my sub i'm using 4 12" Fi Q on 2 crescendo bc2000d. and i've been using some speaker wire i got from an audio shop. but i wanna do this right.

so what size should i use Oxygen Free Copper or Copper Clad Aluminum / should i do copper for pos+ and aluminium for neg-, or go only copper or aluminum.

i'm gonna get all my wiring from knukonceptz

I would do 10ga power/ ground wire.

Ofc is best but either is fine. Dont mix. Just use the same kind for pos & neg.

Edited by DreDay256

what size and type of wire should i connect to my sub i'm using 4 12" Fi Q on 2 crescendo bc2000d. and i've been using some speaker wire i got from an audio shop. but i wanna do this right.

so what size should i use Oxygen Free Copper or Copper Clad Aluminum / should i do copper for pos+ and aluminium for neg-, or go only copper or aluminum.

You could use 18 awg, 16 awg, 12 awg, 10awg. It doesn't really matter unless your amplifier is an extreme distance away from your subwoofer. You will see no benefit using 10 awg vs 16 awg. Again, for speaker wire, it doesn't make a measurable difference using OFC or CCA. Use whatever you would like. If your wire burns up, its too small. Otherwise it's completely fine.

I like the Knuconcepts 10 gauge ofc speaker wire. If you have them strapped and only one set of wire coming out I would use atleast 10 guage.

I would never use 18 or 16 gauge for any real power.

Lots of over kill here lol

You could use what ever, it won't make a huge difference.

To simply prove a point we used some 16 gauge walmart wire on our demo truck at a show. (rewired it all up sitting in the booth) popped in the termlab and only lost .01 on the meter lol.. Played it the rest of the day like that and no extra heat was generated(on the amp or wires).

Edited by pro-rabbit

You could use 18 awg, 16 awg, 12 awg, 10awg. It doesn't really matter unless your amplifier is an extreme distance away from your subwoofer. You will see no benefit using 10 awg vs 16 awg. Again, for speaker wire, it doesn't make a measurable difference using OFC or CCA. Use whatever you would like. If your wire burns up, its too small. Otherwise it's completely fine.

Mistake me if I'm wrong, but more heat creates more resistence, in a dumb down version yes?

You're just over thinking it, I use 12g for pretty much everything. Plus fitting anything bigger in the sub woofer terminals is just a pain in the ass.

I like the Knuconcepts 10 gauge ofc speaker wire. If you have them strapped and only one set of wire coming out I would use atleast 10 guage.

I would. And I would have zero complications with it. As would the OP

Mistake me if I'm wrong, but more heat creates more resistence, in a dumb down version yes?

As far as my understanding goes, yes.

not like your going to see as big of a difference as you would with say a BIG 3 though.

matter of fact you wont notice any difference.

all imo

whatever fits... 8ga is a tough one to get in subwoofer terminals so I'd say stick with 10+

To be honest, I use 4/0 to 8 gauge reducers for my zcon.

That way, I have 0 voltage loss, more power.

you also have a bit overkill in the selection of ladies available to you... just sayin'

Are you serious?

You never use it for the wrong reasons. I'll tell you something I've never used. I've never used speaker wire as big as 12ga. WAY ridiculous.

thats all i use on my sub stage is 12ga.

I would do 10ga power/ ground wire.

Ofc is best but either is fine. Dont mix. Just use the same kind for pos & neg.

To be a lil more clear- the 10ga is on my 10's. I have 8ga on my 18's

That's awesome. Totally unnecessary on AC power but I still like it. Can't hurt right? I run two runs 4 ga pos/neg to each of my two 12s, so i too dabble with unnecessary. I didn't want those rolls of 4 ga anymore anyways so i used it as sub wire in my car and through my walls for my HT IB3s

Far as CCA/OFC, it doesn't matter at "low" AC voltages. Just be consistent. And 14-10 ga is more than sufficient if you don't want to spend extra on unnecessary wire thickness.

you also have a bit overkill in the selection of ladies available to you... just sayin'

lmao, I lmao at every comment you posted too btw :lol:

Are you serious?

no

I went from 12ga cca wire to stinger hpm ofc. zero change. doubled the runs up. gained .1 on the meter.

no

Haha I should have known better.