tonyb121

Will i be loud?

do you guys think i will be alot louder. i had 2 12" P1 rockford fosgates 150 rms 300 peak and now im upgrading to FI ssd 15 1000 rms

what kind of box and amp?

There should be quite an improvement, yes. The box you put the SSD in will be the biggest determining factor for performance, though. I assume you had the P1's in a prefab box?

Same amp?

It comes down to install and design. You could buy $5000 subs and put them in a poor designed box and it wouldn't perform well.

Edit: Was ninja''d!

Edited by dbsupra

where the fuck did my post go .

Same amp?

It comes down to install and design. You could buy $5000 subs and put them in a poor designed box and it wouldn't perform well.

Edit: Was ninja''d!

:peepwall:

you need to build a box or have someone build one, it will be a huge difference

you just need to have a box built just for the sub, not just one already built

its not to hard if you do a little research, and will only spend probley 50 bucks and the stuff you need and will sound way better than some prefab one for over 100

lol. mine disappeared too

Seriously? Sure it appeared? We don't remove posts on this forum outside of SPAM or when things get seriously ugly (then you get a PM). I just checked where the posts that get removed go to and there weren't any there. I have seen a few database problems where my posts haven't updated lately, but I haven't seen anything disappear.

Seriously? Sure it appeared? We don't remove posts on this forum outside of SPAM or when things get seriously ugly (then you get a PM). I just checked where the posts that get removed go to and there weren't any there. I have seen a few database problems where my posts haven't updated lately, but I haven't seen anything disappear.

I checked the moderation really quickly and didn't see anything. So I might need to do a forum recount/rebuild on stats.

no im not saying someone did it... buti spent time to compose a reply , then i hit "post" then i went to another thread came back to this one ,and nothing!

it was just weird. it was by NO MEANS worth trying it again ,.as he is not going to listen anyway.

i know post do not get deleted here. only moved when peoples get skared

do you guys think i will be alot louder. i had 2 12" P1 rockford fosgates 150 rms 300 peak and now im upgrading to FI ssd 15 1000 rms

What do you consider loud?

If the box is built right, and you added more power to the SSD. (needs to be ported just like the last enclosure) All things considered it should have more displacement compared to the RF's!

Doesn't the port look hella crooked in that prefab picture? I thought it was a rear-loaded horn tuned really high for a second, and they call it a "labyrinth port" so i figured it was not a standard vent. But its just a slot port l-o-fuckin-l. I could build a better box with bondo and bird poop.

I don't want to post the website names for SSAs sake but there's plenty of better box sites out there if you insist on buying instead of building.

If the box is built right, and you added more power to the SSD. (needs to be ported just like the last enclosure) All things considered it should have more displacement compared to the RF's!

My box is ported! , its this box

15" - 24.0"W x 17.5"H x 19.50"D 3.20 cu ft Air Space Tuning - 32 Hz

I know i didnt build it i dont really know how and it was the best I could do at the moment...

Oh and can the SSD 15 take 1200 Daily? with flatwind coil?

Since you can't hear the difference between 1000w and 1200w do you really care?

It's a thermal rating. If you get it too hot it dies, if you don't it won't.

Oh and can the SSD 15 take 1200 Daily? with flatwind coil?

Since you can't hear the difference between 1000w and 1200w do you really care?

It's a thermal rating. If you get it too hot it dies, if you don't it won't.

I kinda do care.... i want my sub to last..

Doesn't the port look hella crooked in that prefab picture? I thought it was a rear-loaded horn tuned really high for a second, and they call it a "labyrinth port" so i figured it was not a standard vent. But its just a slot port l-o-fuckin-l. I could build a better box with bondo and bird poop.

I don't want to post the website names for SSAs sake but there's plenty of better box sites out there if you insist on buying instead of building.

mind posting a website?