Sign in to follow this  
HawkEye

PowerBass XA 4000d For Sale

1. Product:

PowerBass XA 4000d

2. Specs:

4000 watts RMS at 1 ohm

3. Description/Condition:

Amp is in good condition.10/10 mechanical and I would have to say 8/10 cosmetic.Few scratches/scuffs here and there.I took pictures of the main ones.

4. Price: :

Not sure on what these go for.Im going to ask $350 shipped to start out and I will see how it goes from there.PLEASE let me know if this is to high and I will adjust accordingly.Also,I am NOT looking for trades.

5. Pictures:

SD532131.JPG

SD532132.JPG

SD532134.JPG

SD532135.JPGSD532133.JPG

Just an fyi this dude was brought up as a scammer on another site. Assuming that this is the same "hawkeye" (I'm 99% sure it is). I apologize if I'm wrong I just don't want anyone getting ripped off.

Just an fyi this dude was brought up as a scammer on another site. Assuming that this is the same "hawkeye" (I'm 99% sure it is). I apologize if I'm wrong I just don't want anyone getting ripped off.

you would be correct. These are my old amps. One popped(I'm thinking he double positived one of the subs) I tried working with him then no response. Shortly after, he posted them forsale.

I DID NOT HOOK THE AMP OR SUBS UP WRONG IT WAS DOA.YOU ALL CAN GO TO pucking HELL.

Edited by HawkEye

I DID NOT HOOK THE AMP OR SUBS UP WRONG IT WAS DOA.YOU ALL CAN GO TO pucking HELL.

Why didn't my message me back then? I offered to get it fixed. Why did you leave me positive feedback on cac o, then a week or so after message me on here saying your account expired there?

Edited by armykyle1

HawkEye

Hey.I can PM you on **** because my membership expired.But i was wanting to let you know one of you amps is no good.Hooked it up to a sub and blew the subs and I hooked it up to another stronger sub and I would hear popping.I unhooked one amp and put the other in and the amp worked like a charm.What can we do about this?Please contact me asap

Me

Did you flip the master slave switch?

HawkEye

no the amp that is no good is the one that was set to master to start with.I didn't have them strapped or anything.The one that was set to slave to begin with is the one im using now and it work great.

Me

So it comes on fine? Was it popping with no input single? Double check how you had it wired up. I've goofed up on that before. Some mono blocks are - - + + and some like the powerbass are +- -+ popping noise is typical of a sub's coils being wired out of phase. How exactly did it blow the sub?

HawkEye

Yeah it comes on fine and everything.The subs spiders got burnt and tensil leads broke.I tried a completly different amp before I tried the good PB amp and it didnt make a popping noise with that amp either.I have the good PB amp hooking up now and its working great.

Me

Are you 100% positive you didn't double positive or negative the speaker leads?

The next step would be to turn the gain all the way down on the amp in question. Ensure the filters are wide open, flip the master/slave switch once or twice and ensure you hear a good click when you flip back to master. Get power to the amp, hook up a DMM to the output leads with no input single. See if it reads anything. Then power it off, Get the RCAs hooked up and play a steady tone you would use to set your gains. Bring the voltage up to the proper level for whatever you need it set for. Or just leave it bottomed out. Hook up a known good driver to the amp with the DMM hooked up too. DMM should be set on AC voltage as well.

The thing this, if the master amp(as I had it set) was bad, then neither amp would function. Since the slave amp relies on the master amp to do all the processing. Push come to shove, I'll help get it repaired.

This is three weeks after he messaged me on here

So what's the deal man? I offered to help fix the situation but you sold one of the amps? Just trying to figure out what's going on.

eLook, one of the amps didn't work period. I blew 1 sub because of it. I apologize for my above post but it really ticks me off that it got brought to this forum. I made good with the guy I sold the good amp to, even though he deserves to be shot for what he did. I sold the bad amp as aswell but when I sold that one it was being looked at to be fixed and when I told the guy I wanted it back he wouldn't give it back because I was paying a sub off and he was holding then amp until I did so. I even offered to give his sub back and just get the amp back but he didn't go for that.so the guy who bought the bad amp filed a pp claim and is ticked but he won the claim.

As far as giving u positive feedback then saying the amp was blown, I did not hook up the amps right away because i was in the middle of switching subs. When I did get a sub it got blown so that's when I contacted u about it. I contacted u here instead of the other forum because my membership expired over there and I could only have 1 pm in my inbox and I had a ton I didn't want to delete.

Think and say what ever you want about me,just know I am no scammer.

Like I said I just don't want anyone getting ripped off. If you can prove that you took care of everything that is great, but the scammer crap doesn't fly here at SSA.

Whatever. Like I said I'm not a scammer

Sign in to follow this