Sign in to follow this  
Bizzy Beats

I need help strapping amps

I have 2 t2500-1bdcp's that I would like to strap together to run 1 smd 15" subwoofer. I haven't bought the sub yet because I don't know how to wire it to 1 ohm per amp. if anyone could tell me how to strap these amps together and wire the sub that would great.

You don't wire it to 1ohm per amp if you are strapping. You wire the subwoofer to a 2ohm load. You will want the dual 1ohm subwoofer and wire the coils in series. Instructions on strapping are in the owner's manual

To save confusion of strapping, you could just as simply run one amp per coil and achieve exactly the same result.

You don't wire it to 1ohm per amp if you are strapping. You wire the subwoofer to a 2ohm load. You will want the dual 1ohm subwoofer and wire the coils in series. Instructions on strapping are in the owner's manual

To save confusion of strapping, you could just as simply run one amp per coil and achieve exactly the same result.

If strapping is an issue, I'm sure gain matching will be more of an issue.

Not very difficult to take a DMM and make the numbers match.

If you know how to read numbers, it should be fairly easy to match gains. I could teach my 8 year old how to do it.

Not very difficult to take a DMM and make the numbers match.

If you know how to read numbers, it should be fairly easy to match gains. I could teach my 8 year old how to do it.

I heard one coil in phase, and the other out of phase is the way to get loud. adhd.gif

Before anyone tries it--don't.