Sign in to follow this  
00F150guy

Wired SSA Icon 12 to 200w(4 ohms) today...

As the title says, I hooked up my SSA Icon 12 to 200w today Since my Audioque 1200 doesnt come until Thursday and I noticed a few things...

1. Looks like I will definitely need to buy new speakers and amp them.

2. I severely underestimated this sub. This thing is a monster on only 200w

3. I have a ton of work to do to get rid of the insane rattle going on in the back.

This is probably one of the loudest systems ive heard to date and its only on 200w right now. Ive never been so impressed by a single sub on such low wattage ever.

Yep SSA subs are very efficient...i'm only clamping around 1000w right now on my xcon and I'm pulling 145's sealed up

Ya I second that. Hooked up my 2 15" icons in a garage to 100 watts a piece and couldn't believe how good and loud it was. Trying hard to get them in this week.

Yep I have to agree with everyone, glad you guys are liking your subs!

My friends wanted to hear my system and they all said "Wait this is only 200w?" Im so proud of my sub! I cant imagine what its going to be like on 1200adhd.gif

Single Icon 10 with about 900 or so watts in an Explorer...Holy hell! And this is not an spl driver....It sounds entirely too good.

I cant wait to get my Audioque 1200 then!

My friends wanted to hear my system and they all said "Wait this is only 200w?" Im so proud of my sub! I cant imagine what its going to be like on 1200adhd.gif

:) :) :)

Dang....now I can't wait for mines to arrive...btw how long does it usually take for ssa to finish build and ship?? I know people said month but is there any chance it'll come in sooner?? Anyways can't wait

There is a chance, but they are pretty busy at the build house.

Single 10 in my Silverado CC and it POUNDS on 1200w! 1.5 cubes, ported/tuned to about 33 hz