cmw5e

new guy . .. . looking for helpful insight!

what are you looking for?

need more details lol....

my bad lol i already posted once in the sub section but the only piece i have so far is a pioneer deh x5500. i have alpine type r coaxials all around but planning to just leave the ones in the back and pick up some decently cheap components for the front. i listen to all types of music but id say mainly hip hop/ r&b so im looking for some subs that are loud and get low..ive been thinkin about a 12" SSA icon ported or 2 10" Sundown

sd-2's ported or something along those lines. open to any suggestions

Im still confused on what your wanting???... "any" sub can get loud and low, thats all enclosure

well like i said i have limited space but enough to do 1 12 ported or 2 mid series 10's ported. ive been looking at amps and wanting to get around a 1200-1500 watt amp depending sub setup

i want it to get loud for being in a single cab truck but still sound good

I'd recommend 2 gcon 12s about 1500w RMS together. Sealed in your truck unless your familiar with ported enclosures and like ported but sealed in you truck would sound nice and definitely rattle your brains.

The dimension of space you're able to dedicate to the sub enclosure will help determine what size, how many subs you can run, and sealed/ported options.

I'd recommend 2 gcon 12s about 1500w RMS together. Sealed in your truck unless your familiar with ported enclosures and like ported but sealed in you truck would sound nice and definitely rattle your brains.

i could do the 12's sealed definitely no way to port those.

The dimension of space you're able to dedicate to the sub enclosure will help determine what size, how many subs you can run, and sealed/ported options.

ive got roughly 14 or 15" tall, 44 wide and i think about 9 or 10" deep

Make sure you measure the depth of your driver to.

id love to try the 2 12" gcons, their moutning depth is 7 " so i can fit them and 1 - 1.25^3 sealed each so i could get that easily. im thinking about getting the Americnan Bass HD-3500 to power them. should everything be good?

Why so much?

Check out a regular 1500w amp you can drop it to 1 ohm running 1500 and be at the rated power.

that amp is rated 1750 watts at 1 ohm

Not bashing american bass or anything but I personally would only look into an amp with true rated power

:WELCOME:

thanks guys. i didnt know ive just been looking around i didnt know if they put out true power or not

if its a 3500.1d and it says 1750 @ 1 ohm. call me testicals but thats not true power. haha. look for stuff that is rated in the name what its rated at 1 ohm. like i have an audiopipe 1500.1d rated at 1500w @ 1ohm minimum.

Overall American bass makes some nice gear, as long as you know it's rated at 1700 who cares what the name says.

not necessarily the name tho. but if they make nice gear then hell go for it. i have no idea about american bass. i like to not be deceived whenever i read the label on something. thats just me.

That AB amp should work just fine. How much do they run cost wise?