1two3

What would you have done differently?

just wondering what you guys would have done differently to your in car audio system givin the chance to go back and do it all over again.

i usualy learn on my own mistakes but id rather save me a lot of time and money on my system. all comments appreciated!

For me it would have been to go out to the store and drop the extra 10-15 on connectors or solder so I could do all my headunit wiring. I would have loved to solder the connections and heatshrink it all but instead I just twisted them and electrical taped.

Not buy retail. Two Rockford fosgate p2 12s and a soundstream amp. Port noise like a jet engine and the amp overheated daily.

Thanks!

Kangaroux:

how do you like ur xcon?....i was thinking of getting either a 12 MAYBE a 15 or fi q/bl. cant make up my mind

....going to be running off a Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdCP (2010 Model)

Thanks!

Kangaroux:

how do you like ur xcon?....i was thinking of getting either a 12 MAYBE a 15 or fi q/bl. cant make up my mind

If your having a hard time deciding between a Q or BL then pick the BL.

I would have gotten my xcon twelves and not wasted money on other subs that I wasn't 100% happy with. I don't really regret it though, I got to play with a lot of great subs.

Thanks!

Kangaroux:

If your having a hard time deciding between a Q or BL then pick the BL.

This. I've owned the Q and while it was a good sub the BL is what I really should have gotten. The Q is not a sub for people who like to push the equipment to their limits to get all the loudness out of it.

And I love my xcon, I'm actually selling it right now if you are interested.

Is it the version with a pole vent?

18 is too big, i was lookin for a 12 or 15 tops. how do the q and xcon compare at low wattages?

18 is too big, i was lookin for a 12 or 15 tops. how do the q and xcon compare at low wattages?

I have a single Xcon 12 on 600 RMS and it is LOUD and sounds great.

Thanks!

Didn't think any of them had a pole vent lol but no it isn't it's only a few months old

Didn't think any of them had a pole vent lol but no it isn't it's only a few months old

Cool thanks!

Thanks!

No problem! I'm not suggesting that you buy a sub based on a video, but I posted a few here that you can check out.

Not bad for 600 watts.

Thanks!

No problem! I'm not suggesting that you buy a sub based on a video, but I posted a few here that you can check out.

http://www.soundsolu...con-on-600-rms/

Not bad for 600 watts.

ive watched many videos on the subs i have in mind and your videos came up a couple times. hows the sq even sub 600w? does it get real low?

The xcons don't require their rms to do some damage. :P

Research more. Had a 18" BTL because it was an 18" and SMD had one, had a PA3000bd and didn't know what each setting was for :Doh:

would have listened to all of the products i've purchased over the years instead of just buying them

Welcome to SSA

For me, tweaking and tuning (hands on) your system and going through trial and errors during your installaiton is always the fun part ... builds experience and makes you "Know your system" better ...

No system is ever "complete" ... There is always room for improvement (given the wife allows you to spend the money for it) ...

Welcome, I wished I had found this site before getting back into car audio.

I would not have bought a 5 channel amp. I wouldn't have settled on what the local shop brands were. My ultimate goal is a get a 10" or 12" Icon/Xcon in a ported box in the trunk pushed by a ZED minatour. I am happy with front stage- older German made MB Quart 6x9" component system getting 75 watts and EQ'd by an Audio Control unit.

Edited by SS Teacher

Welcome, I wished I had found this site before getting back into car audio.

I would not have bought a 5 channel amp. I wouldn't have settled on what the local shop brands were. My ultimate goal is a get a 10" or 12" Icon/Xcon in a ported box in the trunk pushed by a ZED minatour. I am happy with front stage- older German made MB Quart 6x9" component system getting 75 watts and EQ'd by an Audio Control unit.

Sounds like you are on the right track!

The xcons don't require their rms to do some damage. tongue.png

Don't say that too loud, you'll start sounding like me.