Sign in to follow this  
KenC210

Which route should i go.

4 12" XCON's or 2 15" XCON's? Box is going to be LxWxH = 21x41x24 and shoot for a 32hz tuning. Curretly running an AQ2200d, if i run the 4 12's i will get another. Have yellow top up front xp3000 at rear 230a alt. and big3 done.

4 12" XCON's or 2 15" XCON's? Box is going to be LxWxH = 21x41x24 and shoot for a 32hz tuning. Curretly running an AQ2200d, if i run the 4 12's i will get another. Have yellow top up front xp3000 at rear 230a alt. and big3 done.

KISS. Two 15s

If you can afford 4 12" Xcon, why not 2 15" Zcons ? It would be my choice.

Good luck OP !

zcons for shure two 15's!

Whats your speaker budget?

Zcon 15's and another amp

Well i cant get 4 xcon's now it will be another addition sometime next year around February. Right now i have 900 to spend on just the subs. Also i dont know by february if i would have the extra cash because it still a long ways away and anything could happen. But with my max dimensions i could do the 2 15's or 4 12's?

Personally I would go with the 15s. You'd save some money, and the difference in output is going to be lower because your crammed on volume.

so i looked at the zcon's and they are 1044 shipped i may save that extra 100 to get them... with the max dimensions i have i would be able to get a good box for them?

Well i cant get 4 xcon's now it will be another addition sometime next year around February. Right now i have 900 to spend on just the subs. Also i dont know by february if i would have the extra cash because it still a long ways away and anything could happen. But with my max dimensions i could do the 2 15's or 4 12's?

What is your goal with this setup? Two Zcon's are only about 100 over your budget, you could always get one now and get the second down the road. It all just depends on your goals, and whatever your actual budget is.

Personally I would go with the 15s. You'd save some money, and the difference in output is going to be lower because your crammed on volume.

So 2 15's

so i looked at the zcon's and they are 1044 shipped i may save that extra 100 to get them... with the max dimensions i have i would be able to get a good box for them?

After looking again you don't have that much room. Two 15's is pushing it.

What is your goal with this setup? Two Zcon's are only about 100 over your budget, you could always get one now and get the second down the road. It all just depends on your goals, and whatever your actual budget is.

I am trying to achieve a loud daily driver. Not going to be pushing this full tilt all the time just something that is a monster when i demo. I do have the 900 cash in paypal ready to go now and by next week i have an additional 200. Also i have a few car audio items to sell and once those are sold i could have another 200 or so

After looking again you don't have that much room. Two 15's is pushing it.

Lets say go a little higher on the height. With the 24" high i am an inch over the the rear seat. My previous box is LxWxH 23x40x24.5

That helps a lot. You should be able to do it.

So are the dimensions LxWxH 23x41x23 or is that still pushing it. I'll go 23x41x25 which gives me 11.5cuft gross and if the height is 26 i get 12 gross

23 41 25 should be fine.

23 41 25 should be fine.

do you only build the box or do you also provide blueprints so i would be able to build it?

23 41 25 should be fine.

do you only build the box or do you also provide blueprints so i would be able to build it?

I'm actually not shipping enclosures at this time (might be changing soon ;) ). I can help you design and get a cut sheet if you would like.

Alright that would be great. I was hoping to do abox with both sub and port up and the port be a center port. What do you think about that? I did some calculations already with LxWxH i will use 23x41x25.5 and get a volume of 11.67cuft on the box and port HxWxL i use 21.5x5.5.28 to have port area around 118 and tuned 32-33hz after displacements i get 7.8cuft net. What do you think?

Is this how i would do the port to get my 28 in length?

BOXBUILDs_zpsa8c1f706.jpg