TreezNSteez

whay am i not louder?

how can i check how many db's im putting out? can i just take it to a local shop? im pretty sure a place like RKST could do it, im just curious as to what im putting out

If you want to drive down to Portage, MI.I have a meter.

im gonna try that later on when it warms up a little bit. im almost positive its the box, im thinking i should have made the box 3-3.5 cubes instead of 4 cubes

The volume isn't an issue, and 4 cubes should be a bit more efficient than a smaller enclosure.

^^^ My thoughts exactly. If it's an enclosure issue it's due to leaks, port placement (sub loading issue), or placement in the vehicle causing cancellations. Check where the subs mount and all the seams of the enclosure for leaks. Watch the movement of the subs and see if one or the other are doing something odd during it's travel compared to the other. Move the box around a little, flip it one way or the other, etc. and see how it affects the response.

Maybe Sundown forgot to sprinkle the magic DeeBeez fairy dust on your woofers? I have seen this problem from time to time. Where are you located in Michigan? If you are near Kalamazoo, I can help you troubleshoot and take a look at everything for you.

Maybe Sundown forgot to sprinkle the magic DeeBeez fairy dust on your woofers? I have seen this problem from time to time. Where are you located in Michigan? If you are near Kalamazoo, I can help you troubleshoot and take a look at everything for you.

I'm gonna guess northern Pontiac area from mentioning RKST.

I'm gonna guess northern Pontiac area from mentioning RKST.

Ah I missed that. Kind of far for a drive but the offer is still out there.

Since he hasn't posted a pic yet here is a progress pic on another thread.

imag0096te.jpg

I made a few suggestions on bracing but not sure if he did any. Also, he mentioned the port walls were too tall and had to sand it down.

That being said, I would check construction integrity. Your dimensions look ok.

Also I agree with checking the sub wiring.

Since he hasn't posted a pic yet here is a progress pic on another thread.

imag0096te.jpg

I made a few suggestions on bracing but not sure if he did any. Also, he mentioned the port walls were too tall and had to sand it down.

That being said, I would check construction integrity. Your dimensions look ok.

Also I agree with checking the sub wiring.

i added 2 dowel rods placed in between the subs going from the front to the back. and added 1 dowel rod on the port wall where the one sub unloads. thats all i did for bracing.

im gonna check if they are in phase in a little bit.

right now my subs are facing the trunk, i have one seat down to "vent" into the cabin, but the box is so big that its kinda blocking the entrance to the cabin, so i might rotate the box and have it facing the cabin.

@S.DeYoung the drive is a little far, but thanks for the offer. if i ever go to WMU to visit friends anything, ill hit you up.

the box is so big that its kinda blocking the entrance to the cabin

That could very well be your issue. Can you post pics of it in the vehicle?

opened my trunk and saw that one sub was pressed against the wall. that cant be good. gonna put a board or something to keep it from sliding.

imag0098lul.jpg

im sure that if i rotate the box ill get a little more output. almost always have the single seat down (the one without the amp)

imag0099l.jpg

Is that bottom pic the only way air can get into the cabin from the trunk?

yessir

That sucks ass. Honestly I'd probably cut that up, but don't go doing stupid things for bass that will hurt your trade-in value (unless you own an old beater like I do).

yessir

That sucks ass. Honestly I'd probably cut that up, but don't go doing stupid things for bass that will hurt your trade-in value (unless you own an old beater like I do).

looking to sell it after winter. so sadly thats not an option.

just double checked my box specs.

4.05 cubes

tuned to 33.5 hz

any by "feel" i guess i mean i want it to shake my seat mostly. right now it shakes my eyes, or glass idk, so i cant see straight. all i know is that everything outside of my car looks somewhat blurry, and i absolutly love that.

idk, tomorrow i can get a better feel for it, im just curious as to why im not louder. more subs + more power. after checking my box, built to specs so im not sure whats to blame.

sometimes being louder can only be noticed by looking at numbers or vice versa. if you customize a box maybe you could get what your looking for.