ricksi30

Alpine SPX-17PRO tweeter replacement.

Well my dumb ass forgot to lock my car at school and someone stole my frigging tweeters. Luckily they didn't get into the trunk (I have my trunk release disabled) or doors, and I always take my HU faceplate with me. After looking around online I don't think that I want to pay $200 for the Alpine tweeters. I have read that the are most likely Vifa ring radiator tweeters. I want something that I can drop in their place for hopefully less than what the Alpine tweeters are. The location of the tweeter is at the top of my door panel all of the way up front. I was happy with this location withe the Alpine tweeters. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

That sucks man, people who have no life who find the need to steal what other people worked for pisses me off. hope you find replacements for cheap.

That sucks man, people who have no life who find the need to steal what other people worked for pisses me off. hope you find replacements for cheap.

Thanks man, me too!

What frequency range do the mids cover?

What frequency range do the mids cover?

I'm reading through the manual now, I couldn't find anything online.

I saw those, and then I saw these http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/ring-radiator-tweeters/scanspeak-illuminator-r3004/6020-00-1-tweeter-small-ring-radiator/

Which makes me think that they might be some kind of Scan Speak tweeters. I know the mids are very similar to Scan Speak mids.

Whatever you go with, I would ditch the crossover on the new tweeters.

Whatever you go with, I would ditch the crossover on the new tweeters.

Yeah that is what I'm thinking. I might grab another 2 channel and go active. If I do go that route I'll be in touch.

Well I called an Alpine parts distribution center and they are 40 plus shipping each, so I'll just order the replacements. Thanks anyway guys!

Well the day from hell continues. My 880 took a shit on me and took my left mid bass with it. The front left pre out doesn't work and my left mid bass is now all scratchy. I don't even know what to do at this point. Now I'm pretty much out a deck and a component set.

Damn...I don't think anything else needs to be said.

Well, on a BS/Silver-lining type of thought, you have a legitimate reason to upgrade now?

Well, on a BS/Silver-lining type of thought, you have a legitimate reason to upgrade now?

Yeah I have cooled off from wanting to sell everything I have and find a new hobby, to browsing for new stuff. Thinking about the 80prs and the new Sundown comps. I might replace the tweets and mid but I'm not sure if I liked the Alpines enough to justify spending all of that money.

Yeah I have cooled off from wanting to sell everything I have and find a new hobby, to browsing for new stuff. Thinking about the 80prs and the new Sundown comps. I might replace the tweets and mid but I'm not sure if I liked the Alpines enough to justify spending all of that money.

If you buy another Prs, why buy a component set? Take advantage of that dsp!

X2

You've got the awesome sub stage, the amps, why not get component speakers from Madisound? Save a ton of cash and get better sound. You know you will certainly get great advice from the guys on this forum.

Dang Brother ...

Sorry to read about all this bad luck ... Sounds like my kind of week with my truck

I wish you were going to MECA World Finals so we could discuss this in persons ...

ENOUGH BAD LUCK !!! Best of luck to you from this point on Sir !!!

Sorry for you :(

I'm curious to see what they will tell you to try as far as mids & highs.

If the mid for some reason isn't blown, let me know. I have a set of those tweeters that are pretty much sitting in a box.

I am also of the opinion that it'd be stupid to buy a comp set if you have the capability to run active.

If the mid for some reason isn't blown, let me know. I have a set of those tweeters that are pretty much sitting in a box.

Thank you, I will be testing the drivers and crossovers individually today. If the mid is blown I will most likely be getting another 2 channel and going the active route.

I am currently under the assumption that the 80prs is the best active capable head unit sub $400, is this assumption correct? Do the new units still have the pico fuse issues?

Dang Brother ...

Sorry to read about all this bad luck ... Sounds like my kind of week with my truck

I wish you were going to MECA World Finals so we could discuss this in persons ...

ENOUGH BAD LUCK !!! Best of luck to you from this point on Sir !!!

Agreed! When it rains it pours.

Sorry for you sad.png

I'm curious to see what they will tell you to try as far as mids & highs.

Thanks, it will all work out in the end. I finally thought that I was done for a while, oh well time for some new gear.

X2

You've got the awesome sub stage, the amps, why not get component speakers from Madisound? Save a ton of cash and get better sound. You know you will certainly get great advice from the guys on this forum.

This will most likely be the way that I go.

Good luck in your new build, it really sucks when jerks steal your crap AND you have equipment failure.

Thank you, I will be testing the drivers and crossovers individually today. If the mid is blown I will most likely be getting another 2 channel and going the active route.

I am currently under the assumption that the 80prs is the best active capable head unit sub $400, is this assumption correct? Do the new units still have the pico fuse issues?

IDK if the pico fuse issue is stil around but mine didn't give me any trouble until I hot-swapped RCA's like an r-tard. So I would say just make sure the HU is off when switching RCA's (and definitely don't base your purchase off of an issue that is completely avoidable).