pmureika

Crescendo Midrange speakers

Are the cresendo mid range speakers decent?

We would need to know specifically what speakers you were looking at and specifically what your intended use for them was, as well as your goals.

We would need to know specifically what speakers you were looking at and specifically what your intended use for them was, as well as your goals.

The 6.5" using crossovers between the mids and the tweeters.

You still haven't given anything about your goals. What will you be crossing them with? Active or passive? Where do you want/need to cross them at and what slope? How are they going to be installed?

I wouldn't expect them to work well for you.

You still haven't given anything about your goals. What will you be crossing them with? Active or passive? Where do you want/need to cross them at and what slope? How are they going to be installed?

Make it sound better. I will be using cresendo tweeters with cresendo crossovers

Make it sound better. I will be using cresendo tweeters with cresendo crossovers

Then I should just use my IA comps

If you are talking about the PWX-6 and the bullet tweeter then no, that is a terrible setup.

Though for having 1700 posts your ability to make a meaningful thread is rather abysmal. "Make it sound better" isn't a satisfactory response to my question of goals if you are truly looking for assistance.

If you are talking about the PWX-6 and the bullet tweeter then no, that is a terrible setup.

Though for having 1700 posts your ability to make a meaningful thread is rather abysmal. "Make it sound better" isn't a satisfactory response to my question of goals if you are truly looking for assistance.

Thank you for your input.

Then you are looking at the wrong gear. That setup will sound like utter shit.

Then you are looking at the wrong gear. That setup will sound like utter shit.

Thank you for your input. Edited by pmureika

you would want an active capable head unit to run them easily... they will get loud if thats what you are looking for. cross your tweet high like 4-5k because they will be overly harsh under those frequencies.

Edited by stealth

used properly they are really good speakers if you set them up right.

Pretty much guarantee that they've never been setup right in a car yet. I sure haven't seen it. Not even close. People trying to use these in a 2 way are laughable.

Pretty much guarantee that they've never been setup right in a car yet. I sure haven't seen it. Not even close. People trying to use these in a 2 way are laughable.

I didnt ask for you to build a system for me. I just wanted to know if these are good drivers. I can make my own mistakes! Edited by pmureika

average person just wants some mid bass bump between there tweeters and sub stage. They dont want to get deep into the science of it all which would most likely sound better.

And then these are terrible drivers for that. Absolutely not capable of midbass.

I didnt ask for you to build a system for me. I just wanted to know if these are good drivers. I can make my own mistakes!

Good has no meaning without application. They are good for something but from what I know of your installs and background I don't think they are good for you. As for my comments on not being used correctly, every single install thread where these have been implemented has been very poorly thought out. Usually done by those that have absolutely no idea what "good" is. The result is less than stellar. Of course, the bad part is that nearly everyone who has made that mistake doesn't know any better and accept the really crappy response.

Or just make the definitive how to thread on how the proper setup should be so the rest of the world has the door opened in the right direction. I figure the whole car is in a sense a 3 way system being using tweeters, mid bass drivers, and subwoofers.

interesting thing is i own 4 of these 8s and a pair of these tweeters..

My goals are have the ability to project loud for demos.. but for daily driving, will be processed to sound reasonable at VERY low amplitude levels.

Now, in saying that, the interesting thing is these new PWX drivers ARE stated to be midbass drivers, not midrange...

I personally do not feel like testing their potential but if i find time, i may... Don't count on it though..

They do have some hellacious motor on the back of these things though. Not needed unless you are after midbass...

I personally do not need midbass but bought these anyways in hopes to force them to my liking at low volume levels.

average person just wants some mid bass bump between there tweeters and sub stage. They dont want to get deep into the science of it all which would most likely sound better. OP has seen this brand get good amount of reviews and wanted some comfort in his choice before pulling the trigger.

OP the chain is only as strong as the weakest link, Since its your car you do whatever you think is best for you they are also your ears so again do your setup however you want if and when you think theres room to improve start doing a lot of reading.

Or just make the definitive how to thread on how the proper setup should be so the rest of the world has the door opened in the right direction. I figure the whole car is in a sense a 3 way system being using tweeters, mid bass drivers, and subwoofers.

2-way front stage, which would be a 3-way system (2-way front stage + subwoofer) is what M5 was referring to.

While there isn't a definitive guide to the absolute "right" way to do things, there are some basic tenants to acoustics that it's generally a good idea to follow. A bullet tweeter in a 2-way front stage is just a bad idea all the way around for several different reasons. Real midbass from a high efficiency 6.5" midrange isn't going to happen. If your goal is to simply create a system that makes sound, regardless of resulting performance, then by all means purchase whatever you want, install it how ever you want, tune it how ever you want and enjoy the abomination that results.

However, he didn't come on here asking for something that simply makes sound without regard to performance. He specifically asked for something that would result in reasonable sound quality. And while his goal was extremely vague, the equipment he was inquiring about was undoubtedly not something anyone with basic understanding of acoustics would recommend for creating a front stage of reasonable sound quality. IMO suggesting he ignore sound advise (no pun intended) simply because it's "his money and his system" when he came here specifically seeking advise on his choice before spending the money is rather asinine and counter-productive.

He obviously is at minimum the least bit interested in the "science of it all" because he came here specifically to ask the question before purchasing the equipment. Just because you didn't like the answers he was given doesn't make the advise bad. There are plenty of options that would result in much better performance for his vaguely goals than what he had selected. Hell we didn't even get into the science of why....simply advised him that it wasn't a wise decision for his loosely stated goals, which is exactly what he asked.

your answers a more laid back than M5's, but it was from the beginning just a simple question and even though simple answers were given they didn't have to be so harsh. you can write what you want, be yourself but as long as you guys have been on this and other boards most times the tone in the answer messed up and are taken instead of help they are quickly turned around and said the hell with even asking anything else.

Keep us posted OP on how things turn out for you.

your answers a more laid back than M5's, but it was from the beginning just a simple question and even though simple answers were given they didn't have to be so harsh. you can write what you want, be yourself but as long as you guys have been on this and other boards most times the tone in the answer messed up and are taken instead of help they are quickly turned around and said the hell with even asking anything else.

Keep us posted OP on how things turn out for you.

Interesting how you read only what you want to. My first reply:

I wouldn't expect them to work well for you.

If you are referring to the utter shit comment later, well yes that needed to be said. Not only for the OP but others searching and finding the thread. There is so much misinformation on the web and other forums in particular that people get biased views of how things are. If all they read is "oh, that isn't so good for you try this" it doesn't talk those searching out of things. A forum is NOT only for the people posting, but to collect information that others may find by searching. When you short change that side of things the forum degrades into a shit hole. We are trying like hell to avoid following every other car audio forum in going down that path.

I've spent TONS of time helping those who have thought it was a good idea to pair a couple high efficiency drivers together to fix the crap response they get out of their front stage. It's always instigated by someone searching somewhere else and getting excited about something, but at the same time being misled by the curse of all forums. The curse of "what I have is best" and "my shit sounds great although I've never compared it to anything". Car audio forums are despicable in this regard and that shit doesn't fly here.

I never once said the driver was bad, but surely knocked the normal implementation. The key is in the system and failing to see that is a failure.

Of course, if you thought my comments were harsh before you probably think these are even harsher if you fit into the category of those that preach the solution that they have and aren't open minded enough to really search out a good solution.

And of course, I know the OP rather well. I've seen well over a 1000 of his posts. Not sure you can say the same.

I have friends that ask simple questions and get turned off hearing "this and that" and although I try to explain the little I know its like force feeding them glass. So instead of boring them to death, if there choice on how they want to do there audio works for them then so be it. I have thought sometimes to myself thats stupid but I wont say it out loud. If they come around later we talk about it more if not they are satisfied, might not be all perfect but they are happy.

I'm done with this as it has gotten old and throwing thread off track. Maybe Navid or EpicenterDesigns can chime in and help out OP.

And to end this you guys do make sense I'm very open minded thats why I still come here. trink40.gif

Marketing material isn't something I'd ever base ANY decision off of.