harvester51

fi sp4 18 vs ssa Zcon 18

The SSA nuthuggers will recommend the zcon.

Huge differences between these two subs. Premature to recommend one over the other with the information you provided.

If one of the options was Sundown, you would have chosen it ;)

Based off of my past experience using both drivers, I would have choosen the Z.3 without a doubt. There are a few other brands that have equally impressive products but none were mentioned as a buying option from the op.

with the power you have i would go with the Zcon.

just wondering why you say that? they are both right around that wattage (2250 vs 2500). And we all know they can handle more than that if need be.

Yea im going with the zcon i just have to sell my gcons and i will be ordering the zcon!

how big and how many gcons you got brutha

just wondering why you say that? they are both right around that wattage (2250 vs 2500). And we all know they can handle more than that if need be.
i wish i could honestly see one of these beasts in real life hopefully i can get someone to come to my senior project competition. id like justin and his blazer to come.

i was in chat with nick and he stated that SP4 would be BETTER for lower power then another sub that is comparable with the Zcon.......... so yeah.

That is because of the Ti basket, Fi owns the appearance of that basket.

has nothing to do with the appearance of the basket.

I'm sure i speak for most of IAK in this opinion of SP4 vs Zcon.

We have heard both of them in optimal installs.

From my personal experienceopinion, The SP4 has such a soothing yet aggressive nature to it, if i had known such harmony to be capable in spl levels above 150, i would haveor did switch to SP4s in a heartbeat.

However, i do not know the limits of the SP4 in competing in SPL though.. Just an assumption, i'm sure their are limits to it where the Zcon surpasses.

I have also heard the Zcon in over optimal enclosure(s) and was also impressed as well.

Swift on here will probably never go with another sub again other than the SP4

TeamRamRod on here will probably always be a loyal SSA customer with his experience with Zcons and Icons.

I'm SPL biased so i go with what appears to get loud on the meter.

However, the SP4 has shocked me so much.. i have had debates with myself on choosing if i should lose competitions on purpose just to go with a driver that may limit my potential... Not saying it will, but assuming it would, i don't know if i would care at that point!

i was in chat with nick and he stated that SP4 would be BETTER for lower power then another sub that is comparable with the Zcon.......... so yeah.

Well I don't know what's stated in your chats with people that's why I asked.

i said that ass back werds, and i had i have no additued in my post... the "so yeah" was more or less like me saying thats the only reason why i stated that,

I seem to not understand what the point of this post was. The look of that basket is patented and owned by Fi, the actual tooling is owned by someone else(the manufacturer), that is why other companies are able to have that basket.

I seem to not understand what the point of this post was. The look of that basket is patented and owned by Fi, the actual tooling is owned by someone else(the manufacturer), that is why other companies are able to have that basket.

oh i thought you were saying that i assumed the spider set up was the same because the basket looks smiler , my bad lets all hug it out.