arctictwist

08 Silverado Build

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, this is my first in depth build.

Steve, i know! I checked it out for some tips. Looked good...arent you rebuilding that or did that stall again?

Yea thats kool with me!

Thanks man, posted!

Whats your user name ill follow.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, this is my first in depth build.

Steve, i know! I checked it out for some tips. Looked good...arent you rebuilding that or did that stall again?

its getting held up. I'm trading it in soon.

What r you gettin?

Not sure yer. There will be a small build in it though.

Keep up the good work buddy.

I love the build progress!

Thnx!

Heres my new version of the background. Color doesnt show right in these iphone pics but i tried to get in close to so u have an idea.

33AEFB98-6226-4806-A575-9F68298648B6-24973-0000097142F96CE7.jpg

8863CDDF-5CD0-45AB-9ECA-135F5DCA820E-24973-000009713AFF493C.jpg

Yea thats kool with me!

Thanks man, posted!

Whats your user name ill follow.

@caraudiofab

Edited by mklett33

Well i got a different cable that pioneer sells, i saw a you tube video of it working. It does not. My last though is the usb extension is whats killing it. Could that be? Im going to be pull it out soon to put in the brake bypass, one because i read that might be the problem and two, its a PITA when you do want to watch something, have the time the screen pops up to tell you to put the brake on even if it already is and you have to engage, disengage, and re-engage the brake to get it. I dont plan on watching any vids while driving anyways.

The more i sit on here and look around, the more i wamt to eventually do custom door pods and add a mid bass driver like the neo pros. However I dont know how well itll work. Im still learning alot of this stuff. I know they are meant to work IB in the doors. What I dont know is how itll pair with my components, and if i were to seal the doors would i still be able to run the mid range from the component in the door or will the pressure from the mid bass destroy it? Also, will adding these help my lacking mids or will this just sound bad?

I think the biggest problem i have is that the ICON just over powers everything but the highs. Should i drop my gains some? I set them using a DMM.

And after no help from pioneer i hve found that the usb extension cable is the culprit.

Apparently there was supposed to be a cable in the box. Had they told me this in january when i started dealing with them they would send me ome, but becuase its been more than thirty days since i bought it they wont without charging me. Im never dealing with pioneer again ... Ever

So one thing that stuck out to me from the unhelpful pioneer "tech" was that theres signal loss over a greater distance. So i found out about these repeater (signal booster) usb cables when browsing a site recommended in another thread. So this is the next route im going to try. After that I might go with the composite option. Stay tuned!

Good job bro. Getting ideas from your build if you don't mind.

By all means. Thats half the reason for this thread, i could not find much as far as guidance when diving in. Any questions shoot me a PM

Well two things today, i reset the gains on my sub. i had them a little high because i hadnt factored in bass boost and such. I never played it that loud and i really didnt use the bass boost, but id like it to be right.

And my war against pioneer and the limit on the video capabilities has come to an end. The repeater usb cable is not compatible with the unit. I could go the route of composite cables but its another order, more wasted time if it doesnt work and i doubt app mode will even work over that. Im guessing app mode is limited to the USB. So its really not worth it to me to pull the carpet and dash parts and snake all the cabling through as i dont even really see that big of a need to use it. So i will move on as planned with the usb extension into the center console so that i can still do pandora and intunes off of the phone or ipod.... ill be filling my 80gb ipod soon. to keep in the truck at all times. More to come and hopefully the next update will have pics...because really who likes updates without them?

Hey man, I'm sorry, I've just looked at your updates. I too have the same pioneer unit. Go ahead and shoot me a pm with your questions in regards to it, I should be able to help you out. I've had the unit for a year or so now. oh yeah, and send me that back ground pic! I want to to use if you don't mind :)

Small update. Got the center console back in with a small change to it.

20D49AAE-D20E-44C8-A6FE-727F98C43BB2-6338-000002C158BE2A29.jpg

I ran the usb/aux wires through it. They enter from the passenger side into the top console.

85A71A5A-B54A-43F2-A41E-16A9D616CEED-6338-000002C169077B1C.jpg

The pioneer cable connects there and feeds through the console and out to the center cup holder.

85D533DE-3F1C-45A2-A5F7-FDF1BF96A950-6338-000002C1605F69CA.jpg

I ordered a holder calle the "hercules holder" to go in the cup holder for the phone. Hopefully it works out ok.

I gave up on the video from iphone to dash... I mean do i really need to watch you tube on my dash? Also i wanted to add a triple cigarette lightwr outlet inside the top console but when i had it app apart there really wasnt room. So i reassembled it and ill use it when i need it out of the bottom console.

I still have not completed the rear door deadening or carpeted the sub box. I was going to CLD tile the roof but theres no rattles and i hear nothing outside the truck, even turned up higher than i listen to it normally. So im in no hurry for that.

Thanks but the icons woukdnt fit in there and theres not enough volume.