Set on buying a GCON 12 for my accord but having trouble finding a good amp for under $300 to power it. Any suggestions on what would pair well with the SSA? I know its kind of a stupid question but im a newb just learning about car audio. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

could find a sundown saz1500 for under 300

I know M5 will say Precision Power of today is totally different than the old PPI, however, their phantom line of amps look good and people seem to like them. Last I checked, the p1000.1 was under $230. You could look into that.

I know M5 will say Precision Power of today is totally different than the old PPI, however, their phantom line of amps look good and people seem to like them. Last I checked, the p1000.1 was under $230. You could look into that.

It is true they are not even close to what they were, but those phantom amps are decent.

what ohm config did you get?

Set on buying a GCON 12 for my accord but having trouble finding a good amp for under $300 to power it. Any suggestions on what would pair well with the SSA? I know its kind of a stupid question but im a newb just learning about car audio. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Just one or two?

It is true they are not even close to what they were, but those phantom amps are decent.

Just to be clear.. I wasn't disagreeing with him at all, I just figured I would put it so M5 wouldn't have to. I'm using one right now to power my 12" gcon and I like it. The crossovers suck but I use my headunit for that anyways.

I am only planning on getting one D2 GCON because of space limitations. I looked at sundown sax 1200d and AQ 1200d as options but have no experience with this stuff and want to get the most out of my purchase with as little trial and error as possible since my budget is tight. Not sure if my expectations are unrealistic, but I'm just trying to make as informed a decision as possible. thanks for the feedback!

AQ 1200 I would say a friend of mine is running this amp and I love it its a awesome amp I will be getting one too because reliable and very good quality of built and its slightly under rated. Get this it wont disappoint you at all :)

Edited by oakteg21

I'll sell you my aq1200 for 200$ plus shipping.

wanted to go sundown but was afraid i was just paying for the name, read good things about mb quarts too, anyone have experience with these? Probably going with the aq though. What kind of condition is yours in sencheezy? Pics?

Anyone in their right minds knows there is no comparison between the original PPI and post buyout PPI. As for power, you won't need any more than 500 watts; you should be able to easily find a reputable amp for that price new under $150.

I'll sell you my aq1200 for 200$ plus shipping.

This might be a good option.

Sonic Electronix has a Boston Acoustics GT-2125- 600 RMS at 2 ohms for $125 or the GT-2200- 900 RMS at 2ohms for $189. They're not 1 ohm stable so if a 2nd sub is in your future these aren't for you, but these are great amps for the price.

I've been very happy with my Soundstream Rubicon amp.

I think even the AQ750 would work very well for you since you're not planning on adding a second sub in the future. Anything with a decently respectable name will do for the job though. I really like the idea of those Boston amps as well, I've always liked them.

a kicker 750.1 can be found for around 200-240 i believe.

wanted to go sundown but was afraid i was just paying for the name, read good things about mb quarts too, anyone have experience with these? Probably going with the aq though. What kind of condition is yours in sencheezy? Pics?

Mine is in LNIB sir. Only a few mounting scratches and such. Pictures can be be found on page one of my build log.

I was using a aq750 on a gcon d2 @ 1 ohm and it sounded great.

What VC config do you have ? It's important to know what kind of amp you need.

500-750 w willbe enough as stated. You don't need over 1000 w at all for a Gcon.

Get an amp at the ssa store if you can ! Support THE forum !

What VC config do you have ? It's important to know what kind of amp you need.

500-750 w willbe enough as stated. You don't need over 1000 w at all for a Gcon.

Get an amp at the ssa store if you can ! Support THE forum !

Earlier in the thread he said a D2.

Running BA components for front stage and I love them. I will check into their amps. Thanks for the suggestion!