Budah93

Buying Speakers

I'm buying new speakers for front stage. I'm pretty set on getting alpines to match my power pack. I've been looking into the Type R 6.5" components but I was wondering if it's worth it to spend the extra money to get the Type X. I've heard good and bad about both so I was wondering if you guys had any personal experience with either one of them. Thanks guys

Use your ears.

Btw, matching is absolutely of NO benefit.

Go to a local best buy and hear the speakers you are considering. That's probably your best bet.

Go to a local best buy and hear the speakers you are considering. That's probably your best bet.

no

no

How else can he use his ears to listen to the speakers? Unless someone has the speakers he is considering already installed in there vehicle the next place is stores. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Bc most every sound board is designed to have speakers located on axis and manufactures know this. So most manufacturers will spend a lot of time making sure a soeaker has great on axis response sometime sacrificing off axis responce. Because if it dont sound good in the sound room more than likely you wont buy it. In a vehicle the sound can be completely different.

no

How else can he use his ears to listen to the speakers? Unless someone has the speakers he is considering already installed in there vehicle the next place is stores. Please correct me if I am wrong.

As stated, its a different environment, so what you hear at Best Buy will be misleading.

no best buy close has a pair of either hooked up. i've tried several audio shops and I don't know anyone with them. I've only heard the type s. I know that matching isn't always the best but i like alpine and think they are fairly decently priced. I really have no way to listen to them

The type r and type x have two different sounds I guess you could say.

The type x was/is outsourced/designed by Scanspeak.

Sound is a personal preference so I couldn't tell you if it's a better buy.

based on reviews I read i'm leaning a little more towards the type r. People are saying the x's are very sharp and don't hit mids as well as the should. if i can't listen to them i will probably go for the r's also based on price

I've never listened to any of those comps, but all I know is that the type X are the upper line at Alpine. I doubt they could be worse than the type R.

But your ears only should tell you.

If you're on a small budget, get the cheapest set. If not, there are other brands you could listen to. But the X should not be bad as you may think. Are they worth the price ? I don't know !

i have no way to listen to them that's my issue and what i've read on various websites is the type x are better than the r but not for the price difference. if you guys have better alternatives in the price range im open to suggestions would prefer around $200 but like i said the car audio shops around here don't carry alot of components they mostly carry coaxials

no

As stated, its a different environment, so what you hear at Best Buy will be misleading.

Ah, I understand. Thank you for clarifying.

Try IA comps from the ssa store. I am using a set and are happy with them. Thats just a suggestion.

I might just wait and get these I know sundown makes quality equipment and they are cheaper than both sets of alpines

Knowing nothing more than the limited info Sundown has released about them and the information available on the Alpine's....I'd much rather go with one of the Alpine comps....

Why not venture out and try something new. I'm not a big alpine fan i've just heard good things from close friends. I've never seen something bad made by sundown. If i'm disappointed I put them in my other car and buy the alpines.

So the only valid piece of info you have on any of the three sets is that one of them has drivers made by scan speak and you are not choosing that one? Now I'm confused

Why not venture out and try something new. I'm not a big alpine fan i've just heard good things from close friends. I've never seen something bad made by sundown. If i'm disappointed I put them in my other car and buy the alpines.

Your logic makes no sense. That is the fanboyism that keeps many of these internet brands chugging along.

not trying to bad talk anybody's stuff but imho i rather trust something that was out a while instead of hoping something that hasnt even come out yet may sound good

i say stick with well known reputable speaker companies like DLS , hybrid , morel , boston acoustics , CDT , focal etc

What has sundown made that isn't respectable? I wouldn't make this decision with alpine or kicker just because I have been let down with brands like this. I've never seen or heard anything sundown that wasn't well produced or didn't sound good. It saves me a a bit of money too

Bc most every sound board is designed to have speakers located on axis and manufactures know this. So most manufacturers will spend a lot of time making sure a soeaker has great on axis response sometime sacrificing off axis responce. Because if it dont sound good in the sound room more than likely you wont buy it. In a vehicle the sound can be completely different.

You can walk off axis you know.

What has sundown made that isn't respectable? I wouldn't make this decision with alpine or kicker just because I have been let down with brands like this. I've never seen or heard anything sundown that wasn't well produced or didn't sound good. It saves me a a bit of money too

SAE1200

I was talking in terms of speakers/subs not necessarily amps. I can't hear either of my 3 options so either way will be a stab in the dark so to speak