Sign in to follow this  
BryanTheCEO

Mag D2 15"

The SI website says that it recommends 3.5ft^3 tuned to 27hz for the 15" and that the RMS is 975w.

Would it be ok in a 4.06ft^3 enclosure tuned to 34hz running off of a solid 1200w rms?

Oh yeah....wuddup Denim?! :domoslay:

glad you came over, I have not tested the 15, so I would rather someone who knows it well field the answer

3.5 tuned to 34 would be better. You won't gain anything except a rise near tuning going with a larger enclosure - it's basically wasted space.

Add some bracing to take up necessary volume if you already have and enclosure. That, or add more vent to lower the tune and take up more volume.

Add some bracing to take up necessary volume if you already have and enclosure.  That, or add more vent to lower the tune and take up more volume.

Yeah, I already have an enclosure. I am selling my SX and I'm debating on whether I should recone the XXX I have or sell that as is and get a Mag D2.

Sell the XXX, get the mag

Done and done :)

:fing34:

my friend has a 2005 XXX in a 3.9cf vented box(not sure of tuning) off a pg tantrum 1200.1 and i have a mag 15 in a 3.7 cf tuned to 27hz off a crossfire vr1000d and we both think my set up is louder.It's a no brainer, sell the xxx and get the mag, especially with the power that you have.

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll do that.

I drive a G35 Sedan, so there is not that much trunk space. I came up with a box that will be 3.5ft^3 after displacement, but I can only tune it down to 34-36hz with 43.5sqin of port area, would that be ok?

BTW, How much is the 15" Mag running?

Edited by gHOstFaCe

Ordering online is on our web site (AKA: our dealer's web site). With 3.5 after the displacement of the driver not counting the port I would go sealed. Unlike some old folklore about sealed boxes, our Mag's do VERY well sealed.

Ordering online is on our web site (AKA: our dealer's web site).  With 3.5 after the displacement of the driver not counting the port I would go sealed.  Unlike some old folklore about sealed boxes, our Mag's do VERY well sealed.

Why yes, yes they do :) I actually perfer mine sealed over ported.

I have a 2.3ft^3 sealed fiberglass enclosue, that I had made for a Brahma. A little polly fill, and I'm good to go :) It was for my "Damn I need some trunk space" setup, but I always switch back to ported, because I like having my chest pounded in.

Edited by gHOstFaCe

I have a 2.3ft^3 sealed fiberglass enclosue, that I had made for a Brahma.  A little polly fill, and I'm good to go :)   It was for my "Damn I need some trunk space" setup, but I always switch back to ported, because I like having my chest pounded in.

Have you tried it sealed yet? I would suggest giving it a listen sealed in that box you have laying around before going through all the trouble of building a vented enclosure. I find sealed to be more than adequate, but of course you sound like a guy who loves loud bass! Either way, I suggest at least a listen sealed beforehand.

I don't have the sub yet. It is pending the sale of my XXX 15" and I need to get a new amp, too, but I will have it in the sealed box first. Hopefully I can get everything soon :runlaugh: