ok guys one my home from work my friends subs im using Kenwoods 12" 400 rms each stop working as soon as i get ready to pull in. i look under my hood and my power wire fuse holder looks like it blew up.... kinda in half.... ( I was only using these subs for a week until i get my FI SSD 15 today or tomorrow.) Any ideas why this happened? i had a spare KIcker 4 awg wire so i wasnt to mad lol.

Not relevant to Fi.

Is any of the fuse holder melted? Did it have a plastic protective case over the metal and fuse? I'm guessing it popped off, or something, and it short-circuited.

Not relevant to Fi.

Is any of the fuse holder melted? Did it have a plastic protective case over the metal and fuse? I'm guessing it popped off, or something, and it short-circuited.

yeah fuse holder melted and the plastic case kinda look like it blew in half

I would check all other connections on battery(s), amps, etc. Then mount a new fuseholder. Where was the old one mounted?

*Moved to correct section.

Sounds like a loose connection that heated up and caused a meltdown.

Though pictures would be helpful. Also make sure it's not mounted near any heat source....i.e. close to exhaust manifolds, etc.

Didn't click on the link, but in reality wire is wire. 999 out of 1000 times it is an installation that causes what you had happen...

thanks guys I think the cause was just the power wire was cheap (http://www.amazon.co...ils_o01_s00_i00) I think the amp was asking to much of this wire.

If the problem was the wire, then the wire would have failed or fuse would have blown, not the fuse holder as in your circumstance.

The fuse was blown as well and i checked I didnt find anything wrong for it to blow like this

The fuse holder still wouldn't have had a meltdown.

I know you don't want to believe it, but this was more than likely install related.

If the fuse blew, then no current would have been traveling through the wire anymore.

For the fuse holder to melt, you would have had to had too large a fuse for that cable in the fuse holder causing the wire to heat, melt the terminal to the fuse holder, etc... or a loose connection at the fuse holder or the fuse holder itself andor along with the terminal to be made of a material not conductive enough for such current transfer(which i doubt in this case).

Look for any other signs of melting or burn marks at every end of the power cable all the way to battery and amp, check ground connections and speaker outputs on amp.

Also check fusing on amp and see if they blew too.

I think i can shed some light on this.

Back back back in the day i had a jbl 1200, i got an 10$ANL fuse holder and i swear every couple months it would melt and i would have to get a new one. Mind you this was wire going into plastic piece being held down by a bolt. The audio store kept trying to get me to buy the exspensive one but i was determined to make my own lol.

Now adays ring terminals and better still 10$ fuse holders actually eliminate that problem, but i have had that happen to me in the past.

Oh and i have one more question. When im parked or just not moving and i turn my radio up sometimes the radio cuts off then cuts back on. This never happens when im driving though. I have 10 speakers and 1 sub hooked up to my deck. 5 of them are tweeters. 2 are 6 by 9 and 2 6 by 8 and 1 horn. Oh and 1 FI SSD 15.

If all those speakers are hooked up directly to your headunit without an amp then expect for your radio or its outputs to get destroyed too.

I think it has something to do with my alternator or battery and i have my 4 door speakers hooked up to my deck and then my others ran off my door speakers

check your voltage before and after your fuse holder, with the music playing. It should be the same.

Yeah, that's bad. You should go to www.bcae1.com and do some research. You really need to start over.

What size fuse where you using?

Was it an agu fuse holder. Cheap agu fuses have bad soldered ends that cause heat build up making the fuse holders melt.

I think it has something to do with my alternator or battery and i have my 4 door speakers hooked up to my deck and then my others ran off my door speakers

First, your system needs entirely redesigned. That's not a good system layout at all.

Second, how do you have them wired? I would agree with jay-cee that it's likely you are simply overdriving the internal amplifier in the headunit. Even then I wouldn't recommend an amp, first I would recommend you eliminate 60% of your speakers.

First, your system needs entirely redesigned. That's not a good system layout at all.

Second, how do you have them wired? I would agree with jay-cee that it's likely you are simply overdriving the internal amplifier in the headunit. Even then I wouldn't recommend an amp, first I would recommend you eliminate 60% of your speakers.

and what do you think would be good for my system?

Eliminating the 5 tweeters and horn would be a good first step.