ShagggDiesel

One bass knob to multiple amps help

I'm going to be running two amps here soon, one per sub. My question: Instead of having to run one bass knob to each amp/sub, could I somehow use just one for both? They are the Audiopipe APSM1500 amps. The knobs have the 3.5mm cable from the knob to the amp. They are like a headphone jack from what I can tell. Could I just use a headphone splitter from one knob and run the two separate wires from the splitter to the two amps?

I am unsure. It is the knob that comes with the Audiopipe APSM1500. Most control knobs that I have used have been the data cable type, or direct RCA level control knobs. This one is as I mentioned, a headphone jack type.

phone splitter will work check if its a 4 cable count or 6, then get the correct splitter

Phone splitter? Hmm.. Not sure if that's what I would need.I mean this cable literally looks like a headphone extension cable, with a male end that plugs into the amp.

Would it benefit me more to strap two D4 subs at 2 ohms, or run each D2 sub at 1 ohm per amp separate?

Phone splitter? Hmm.. Not sure if that's what I would need.I mean this cable literally looks like a headphone extension cable, with a male end that plugs into the amp.

oh well then that wont work, i assumed it was like most other amp lines. is the 3.5 jack mono or stereo.... take a pic of the plug.

Sorry, I meant D2 in both situations.

I don't currently have the amps, they are in transit to my house at the moment.

My friend has an amp with the same type of jack. It looks to be stereo.

Well would I be better off to strap my amps at 2 ohms?

Better to strap the amps at 2 Ohms. You will only need to adjust the settings on ONE amp, the master amp. It would be easier. I don't know if you would gain anything.

There is no master/slave option on these amps. How does that work? How do you decide which one is master?

WAY overcomplicating everything.

Just go get a PAC Audio LC2 as Julian mentioned earlier and 1 extra run of RCA cables.

This is the safest way.

If you insist on strapping which is not safe, run all negatives to each other on the amps leaving only positive terminals open.

There HAS to be some sort of bridging signal module on these amps whether it be via rca or some other cable.

Once that's run, the Master amp is determined to be the one that has the Source RCAs ran into it.

Yes there is. There just isn't a switch.

Do you not have them yet? In the manual it shows you specifically how to wire 2 amps strapped.