Sign in to follow this  
fireeater235

What amp for 2 Sealed Q15s?

I recently purchased 2 Q15's and I'm going to have them in a custom made sealed box in the back of my car.

I don't know what a good amp would be for them, so I'm looking for suggestions.

Thanks.

Specs from my order:

- 2x Q15s

- Dual 2 Ohm

- Cooling: Yes

- P Chamfer: Yes

- High QTS: Yes

- Spider: Yes

- I Heat Ring: Yes

- Internal Lead: Yes

- Rms: 1500W

Why did you buy dual 2's?

I wasn't 100% on the factors for deciding 1 or 2 ohm so I just picked 2. Does it make a big difference? Sorry, I'm new to this.

you will need an amp that puts out desired watts at 2 ohm. 2 dual 4's could have been wired down to 1 ohm which would have been a little easier. now finding an amp that does the desired wattage at 2 ohm will be a little harder/more expensive

The power you will likely want will be much cheaper at 1 ohm. You should get the D1's. What is your budget for an amp?

Well assuming you don't want to spend a "shyt-ton" of money on this amp to power at 2ohms then don't look to feed those subs RMS like most newcomers would do....

The power you will likely want will be much cheaper at 1 ohm. You should get the D1's. What is your budget for an amp?

I put my order in 5 days ago so I don't know if it's too late to change, or if they even do changes once the orde is placed.

My budget is flexible to really whatever is the better option. I wouldn't want to go over $600.

Edited by fireeater235

I put my order in 5 days ago so I don't know if it's too late to change, or if they even do changes once the orde is placed.

My budget is flexible to really whatever is the better option. I wouldn't want to go over $800.

What electrical upgrades have you done? Either way I'd email sales 'at" ficaraudio.com and chabge it to dual 1's.

It sounds like you haven't done enough research to be ordering things yet.

What electrical upgrades have you done? Either way I'd email sales 'at" ficaraudio.com and chabge it to dual 1's.

Just sent an email, hopefully it's not too late. No upgrades yet, my car is still stock and I'm just getting all of the audio components first.

I'm trying my best, just a bit hard to find some answers/good help from people.

Just sent an email, hopefully it's not too late. No upgrades yet, my car is still stock and I'm just getting all of the audio components first.

I'm trying my best, just a bit hard to find some answers/good help from people.

The people here on SSA are more than willing to help, myself included. I'd hate for you to spend a bunch of money and not have what you need/want.

How much power are you planning on running?

So you don't have to go crazy on electrical I would grab a Crescendo bc2000 from here on the SSA store. It will be plenty for the subs and you could probably get by with just one extra large battery for the rear. You get up into 3k + you will need a new alt. Focus on a good enclosure.

Edited by swift

So you don't have to go crazy on electrical I would grab a Crescendo bc2000 from here on the SSA store. It will be plenty for the subs and you could probably get by with just one extra large battery for the rear. You get up into 3k + you will need a new alt. Focus on a good enclosure.

Yeah that seems about right, not 100% on if I'll get a new alt/battery or both.

I'll be making my own enclosure with about 2.4 cuft per speaker. Thanks for the help.

You could still run @ a .5 ohm load. A Mmats M3000.05d or m2000.05d would be great amps to look into for this setup. Keep in mind that running @ .05 ohm load for daily is not recommended, but these amps are made to perform at these lower ohm loads.

You could still run @ a .5 ohm load. A Mmats M3000.05d or m2000.05d would be great amps to look into for this setup. Keep in mind that running @ .05 ohm load for daily is not recommended, but these amps are made to perform at these lower ohm loads.

Resurrection!!!!lol

Sign in to follow this