mrray13

1971 impala build

here's some pics of the 1971 impala install i'm working on (in between all the other stuff..lol)

first the car...

now the box build up. it's bandpass. roughly 2ft^3 sealed and 2.75ft^3 ported, two 2" x 14" ports 11" long. rough bandpass figures are 35hz thru 95hz or so. honestly have no clue, it's for a 15" treo ss, and it's my first bandpass build for anything other then flat out spl.

my home away from home...

the brace and parts.....

and the build up...the sealed part is "stepped" to get the need volume...

pretty much finished the box...here's a side shot and a look inside the beast. i'll take some more as the install progresses...

yeah, it's alot of pics, but what the hey?! you guys are worth it..lol...

i have about 10 hours in that box so far, with design and build time. it's a pain in the ass, but it sure looks good..lol....i hope it sounds good. btw, the ports will fire up thru the little 90* notch in the top right of the box in that side pic. i'll have pics of those later.

enjoy...and comments/ questions are welcome.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Very nice, very nice my brother. Good to see an impala not setting an inch off the ground too :)

:yummy:

better deaden the phuck out of that trunk and door skins, gonna sound like a mother with narrow hips berthing a child with no epidural.

that may have been a little excessive but still, Second Skin FTW.

Lookin' sweet and like a lot of frickin' work. I don't think you are charging that guy enough even though I don't even know what you are charging. Can't wait to see the installed pics.

cb..the car will get brown breaded..lol...the brand the shop carries...

m5...don't i know it..lol...

thanks for the comments so far...

here's a few pics of a trial fit and a shot of the ports thru the 6x9 holes....

more later as i continue working on it whilest not working on something else...lol..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

very nice work kent

Great job so far my man!

update!! yay!! lol

anyway, here's some pics of what i got done today..thanks go to james herren (who took second at SBN in street a with one amp) for drawing and cutting out the impala while i was doing the other stuff.

and away we go.

can you find what shouldn't be there??

566az.jpg

and from the front.....(or the back if you're going to be picky.)

587vt.jpg

driver's side looking in...

599nt.jpg

and with the impala in it's spot, albeit only temporary.

601kw.jpg

just about everything will be carpeted black here directly. still gotta finish the top trim and the amp racks/ side trim pieces. hopefully tomorrow that will get done!

enjoy!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

update!! yay!! lol

anyway, here's some pics of what i got done today..thanks go to james herren (who took second at SBN in street a with one amp) for drawing and cutting out the impala while i was doing the other stuff.

and away we go.

can you find what shouldn't be there??

566az.jpg

The Penis and the table saw. :fing34:

He's got a imp dick. :D

i was just about to say.... "why does the Impala have a penis?" lol

lookin good though

more pics of the whole car?

we did it as a joke...NOONE caught it. the owner of the car actually took a picture of it and didn't see we had a male impala. yeah, we should've left it...but damn, it would've been hard to get the roundover bit around it without it breakin.......and i would've felt bad about that..lol...

and ryan, we cut it out with the table saw...muhahahahaha

sand by hand ;)

Sounds like fun, I really, really like doing stuff by hand.

actually.....after the penile implant was removed, and the piece was routed with the 3/8th roundover bit, james did indeed proceed to hand sand the impala......but like i mentioned, at this point, it was female.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Tis very sexy my brother. Can't wait too see more :)

Tis very sexy my brother. Can't wait too see more :)

hopefully today all the wood work will be done. that's if we don't get busy...

and thanks.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Me want more pics man :)

It is of lucious quality.

lol

u don't think so??? :finger::lol2:

anyway, no new pics yet...maybe monday?? it's one of those, "he didn't buy any of the stuff from us, so we are taking our sweet ass time on it and will get to it when i want you too."

so, we work on it only when it's dead. and as you can see, we really don't get to work on it much...maybe three days total so far. most of that just building the box (but that includes stopping to do other installs) i work where you can't just do one project at a time..lol..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

quick update here...no pics, sorry! those will be tomorrow, we should be finished.

anyway, today we fired up that bandpass box with an memphis 250d. with all of 250wrms going to that 15" treo ss you'd think there was a pair of 15's back there with about 1000wrms!! yep, that loud! i think it's a bit weak on the low lows, but the owner absolutely loved it! he thinks (he's a crackhead) that it's as loud as his 96 imp ss with two 15" memphis mojo's in 4cubes each, each with their own 1500d. he's full of it...but it is loud! the kicker?? he's actually going to be powering the treo with an mtx 1501d, so about 5 times the power it got today. i can't wait to hear it then!!

the absolute best?? there's no need to deaden the trunk at all!! very minimal, i mean almost none, vibration in the back. and that's with all the trim pieces just sitting in there!!

anyway, enough patting myself on the back, i've got one more piece to make tomorrow and it's carpet time!!

pics tomorrow!!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: